Windows 10: No audio on Dell Inspiron 15 5567

Discus and support No audio on Dell Inspiron 15 5567 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; See if these steps can fix the loss of audio: type control in the left lower corner search > click on control panel > click on large or small icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexk207, Jul 23, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

No audio on Dell Inspiron 15 5567

See if these steps can fix the loss of audio:

type control in the left lower corner search > click on control panel > click on large or small icons > click on troubleshooting > on the left pane click on view all > run the following windows troubleshooters:

1) Hardware and Devices

2) Video Playback

3) Playing Audio > open audio enhancements > play test sounds > advanced > change sample rate > test multiple sample rates

4) Recording Audio

For each troubleshooter make sure that advanced is clicked to apply repairs automatically.
    For each troubleshooter click on view detailed information.
    Report any problems using images that were fixed or not fixed.

Keyboard:
    win + r (simultaneously)
    services.msc

locate each:
    1) Windows Audio
    2) Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    3) Plug and Play

Right click on each of the above and make sure:
    Startup type is automatic
    Services are running

For each of these make sure that you right click then restart them despite the displayed status.

In the left lower corner search type: msconfig
    Make sure that there are check marks for each

Windows Audio
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

Reboot

If the above steps do not fix the audio then create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

Boot to windows
    open file explorer
    click this pc
    insert the bootable windows 10 iso into any usb port
    look for the windows 10 iso within file explorer
    click on the usb windows 10 iso and look for setup or setup.exe
    launch this file from within file explorer
    then follow the text and images in the link provided

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jul 27, 2017
  2. fireberd Win User

It would appear the user reinstalled Windows and possibly not all the Dell drivers is the root cause of problems. If the Dell recovery had been used there probably would not have been a problem.

I go back to my 10+ years of helping on the Dell forums. Although Windows will usually install needed drivers, the old Dell manual installation procedure is still useful (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Desktop or Laptop Support Software (3) Motherboard chipset drivers (4) Device Drivers. The chipset drivers are key to a successful installation as one of the functions of the chipset drivers is to define all the devices.

fireberd, Jul 27, 2017
  3. alexk207 Win User
    My recovery discs were broke when I wanted to use them.

alexk207, Jul 29, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

The procedure that came with my new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series (same series as yours) was to backup using a USB flash drive, not discs. It also instructed to check (boot) the flash drive to verify it was OK. I have that, plus I went an extra step and did a full drive (it has an SSD) drive image (all partitions) with Macrium Reflect backup software to a separate drive.

But regardless of where the Windows 10 OS came from, the Win 10 installation and installation of needed DELL drivers should have got you going. The Dell supplied drivers in some cases are custom modified drivers and not the same as the "retail" (generic) driver versions from other sources.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio on Dell Inspiron 15 5567 - Similar Threads - audio Dell Inspiron

2. Apparent DX driver issues on my Dell Inspiron 15 5567

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent DX driver issues on my Dell Inspiron 15 5567: I have a Dell 15 5567 with very good specs, i7, R7 GPU, 16GB, 1TB HDD, FHD touch screen since 2020. In recent months, after several Windows updates and I also installed the latest Dell drivers, the computer starts to develop a BSOD with the error "Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error"...
  3. Apparent DX driver issues on my Dell Inspiron 15 5567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent DX driver issues on my Dell Inspiron 15 5567: I have a Dell 15 5567 with very good specs, i7, R7 GPU, 16GB, 1TB HDD, FHD touch screen since 2020. In recent months, after several Windows updates and I also installed the latest Dell drivers, the computer starts to develop a BSOD with the error "Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error"...
  4. Apparent DX driver issues on my Dell Inspiron 15 5567

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  6. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  7. I cannot install MY DELL app in dell inspiron 5567 laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install MY DELL app in dell inspiron 5567 laptop: I cannot install MY DELL app in my Inspiron 5567I cannot install MY DELL app in my laptop and it shows it is not compatible with my laptop. I have already updated my windows and logged in with my Microsoft account and still can't be helped. I have reinstalled my windows...
  8. Planning to UPGRADE HDD to SDD Dell Inspiron 5567

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Planning to UPGRADE HDD to SDD Dell Inspiron 5567: Hi, I am planning to upgrade mg HDD to SSD of my WIN 10 Dell Inspiron 5567. However I am worried that I will lose all my programs installed such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. How will I have it retained on my SSD? Thank you....
  9. Can Dell Inspiron 5567 have a 1920x1080 Resolution?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Dell Inspiron 5567 have a 1920x1080 Resolution?: I have been trying my hardest to go through so many drivers and came across a forum for another Dell Inspiron model which said to obtain 1920x1080 resolution on the screen it would have to be a screen that is 1920x1080 supported. My question is does Dell Inspiron 5567...
  10. Dell Inspiron 15 5567 battery wear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Inspiron 15 5567 battery wear: Hi. I have the inspiron stated above. The battery has a capacity of 41998 mAh. I recently got it changed. It's only a month and a half old but the battery wear on HW monitor is already 11% at around 37774 mAh Is there a way to reduce it or keep it in the wear level for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 5567 no audio

2. dell inspirion 15 5567 no audio device