Windows 10: no audio on desktop computer

Discus and support no audio on desktop computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have no audio on my desktop computer. This just seemed to have happened recently. Maybe after I got my Windows 10 update but not sure. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxGardner, Jul 23, 2020.

1. no audio on desktop computer

I currently have no audio on my desktop computer. This just seemed to have happened recently. Maybe after I got my Windows 10 update but not sure. I think Microsoft took away the "My Computer" icon to where I could search different areas for problems and solutions so I can't go there. I have paid for Microsoft 365 but when I called their number they said I have to pay to get someone to help me. I am not keen on trying to go to their website to basically work through the problem myself. So, I am looking for help.

:)

MaxGardner, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Aug 3, 2020
  4. no audio on desktop computer

My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

no audio on desktop computer

1. no audio on desktop computer - Similar Threads - audio desktop computer

2. Computer Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Audio: i bought this computer an know matter what i do i cant get sound. its never been wet or anything its almost brand new. please help, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-audio/1204c42a-bae8-43c3-8e30-3a91bd1a5811
  3. Computer Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Audio: i bought this computer an know matter what i do i cant get sound. its never been wet or anything its almost brand new. please help, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-audio/1204c42a-bae8-43c3-8e30-3a91bd1a5811
  4. Computer Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. no audio on hp desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no audio on hp desktop.: After the recent updates to Windows 10 I lost my audio. I don't have a microphone on this HP desktop computer. I tried Troubleshooter -- audio - through Windows. I need a good link to reinstall Lenova speakers plus fix my audio on this computer....
  6. loss of computer internal audio on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of computer internal audio on desktop: Hello, I recently upgraded a Dell Optiplex 780 from Win7 to Win10 Pro, build 18363. The internal speaker on the desktop used to have audio and now doesn't. If I attach headphones or external speakers, audio plays fine on the external devices. After much research, it appears...
  7. Computer Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Audio: The audio on my MSI GS65 Windows 10 has stopped working correctly. I can get it to work, but I have to follow these steps. 1. I go to 'Device Manager' 2. I expand 'Sound, video and game controllers' 3. I uninstall the RealtekR Audio device and delete the driver 4. I...
  8. Viber Desktop - audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viber Desktop - audio: I've had Viber Desktop installed for months. But roughly a month ago, the audio suddenly stopped working. I can't hear anything. If someone sends me a video, for example, I can't hear what it's saying. If I try to call someone, they can hear me and I can't hear them. I...
  9. computer audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer audio: I have an HP computer loaded with windows 10. I've always been able to click the speaker icon in the task bar to mute and unmute the sound. The speaker icon is still in my task bar, but it won't let me mute the sound. I've also gone to the settings and tried to do this but...
  10. audio thru desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio thru desktop: How do I get the sound back thru my desktop after I unplug my headphones on windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-thru-desktop/57ce3181-f89a-499b-b4a2-07f939b4cf57