Windows 10: No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?

Discus and support No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So there is some kind of really annoying bug with Edge and playing videos on your desktop. Whenever I try to watch a .gif that has audio at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teutonicnight99, Aug 4, 2020.

1. No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?

So there is some kind of really annoying bug with Edge and playing videos on your desktop. Whenever I try to watch a .gif that has audio at the same time as I'm playing a video on my desktop with VLC or the built-in Windows 10 video player, the audio on the .gif doesn't work.

It simply doesn't play the audio. The only way to get the .gif audio is to close the video player on the desktop. This is super annoying. What can I do to fix this? What are my options?

submitted by /u/teutonicnight99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teutonicnight99, Aug 4, 2020

2. Double Audio Feed while streaming live video on Microsoft Edge

Hi Randall,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the double Audio Feed while streaming live video on Microsoft Edge.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you facing this issue only on Microsoft Edge browser?

2. Are you facing this issue on video applications (example windows media player)?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like

• Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Method 2: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

1. Press
    Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the
    view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on
    troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 4, 2020
  4. No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?

Double Audio Feed while streaming live video on Microsoft Edge

Thank you for your response. The double audio feed source is from the live audio/video, not cached memory from a separate source. The timing in the audio from this single source is maybe a second or two apart so I what I hear is the sound playing over
    the other. Could this still be a cache issue. Many using the same live feed source only experience this issue in Microsoft Edge or IE and have advised me to switch to another browser. It was the only fix available to them. I have not had a chance to try
    these other issues but I will give it a try and get back to you. I have also had trouble responding to this message because each time I tried to reply over the last few days I received a message that the sight was not available, try back later. (paraphrasing.)

RandallGeiger, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop?

1. No audio on gifs in Edge while watching video on desktop? - Similar Threads - audio gifs Edge

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  4. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Audio while Watching Video: In my case when iam watch a specific series some videos in 5 minutes after the sound gone only i well listening The backround musicAND SAME VIDEO I WATCH MY ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WELL SOUND IS EXITs WHY THIS PROBLEM...
  6. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Audio while Watching Video: In my case when iam watch a specific series some videos in 5 minutes after the sound gone only i well listening The backround musicAND SAME VIDEO I WATCH MY ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WELL SOUND IS EXITs WHY THIS PROBLEM...
  7. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PC freezes while watching videos

PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  9. Computer micro-freezing when watching videos / GIFS online

Computer micro-freezing when watching videos / GIFS online: Hello all, few days ago I started having this issue : my computer constantly micro-freezes for small amount of time whenever I watch videos or GIFS online downloaded videos are without issues. Most of the time I watch online videos on youtube and when I do, my entire...
  10. Cant watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant watch video while gaming: Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at the same time. The symptom is that the video laggs but the audio is fine sometimes. its like its dropping frames but when i...