Windows 10: No audio on HDMI PC to tv

Discus and support No audio on HDMI PC to tv in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessicaLig, Mar 3, 2019.

1. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a simple plug and play with HDMI won't work.

I've tried everything. The tv is set to default on sounds but the audio functions are missing. This link shows what my sounds playback setting looks like.

https://goo.gl/images/PKi8E6

The green bars are gone. Sound mixer and audio functions are also missing. the volume icon has a red x and says No headphones or speakers are plugged in.

Why won't sound come out the tv..also I can shut down the computer while connected to to the tv because u I won't be able to get visual. At bios the signal gets lost

Im problem is identical to this. Still no answer.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd60038a-bd59-41b0-b75b-32a975e0921c/no-sound-over-hdmi-to-toshiba-television-on-windows-10?forum=win10itprohardware

:)

JessicaLig, Mar 3, 2019

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 3, 2019
  4. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

HDMI audio

I enjoy watching TV shows on my PC through windows 10 and an HDMI cable. It was working great until the past couple of weeks. The video is fine, but there is no audio. I have not changed settings. Is RealTek the speakers in the PC? Shouldn't the HDMI be
    listed somewhere. Please respond.

DanRooney1, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

No audio on HDMI PC to tv

1. No audio on HDMI PC to tv - Similar Threads - audio HDMI

2. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  3. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  4. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  6. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  7. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  8. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  9. No audio out of hdmi after bios update 109 on a DH61AG no driver found/wrong driver is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of hdmi after bios update 109 on a DH61AG no driver found/wrong driver is...: Bios updated 109 on a INTEL DH61AG now I have no HDMI audio out bios setting reset for audio out now I have an error 10 in the device manager improper device driver/or no device driver.. UNABLE TO FIND A DEVICE DRIVER NOW....
  10. No audio out of hdmi after bios update 109 on a DH61AG no driver found/wrong driver is...

No audio out of hdmi after bios update 109 on a DH61AG no driver found/wrong driver is...: Bios updated 109 on a INTEL DH61AG now I have no HDMI audio out bios setting reset for audio out now I have an error 10 in the device manager improper device driver/or no device driver.. UNABLE TO FIND A DEVICE DRIVER NOW....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1903 cannot play audio on HDMI TV