Windows 10: No audio on headset. But sound test O.K.

Discus and support No audio on headset. But sound test O.K. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10, 64-bit, I have no audio on the headset. Also, speakers are not muted when headset is plugged in. Headset checks out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by summerray, Aug 8, 2015.

1. summerray Win User

No audio on headset. But sound test O.K.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, 64-bit, I have no audio on the headset. Also, speakers are not muted when headset is plugged in.
    Headset checks out O.K. on sound test.
    HP Pavillion 500-249 Desktop.

:)

summerray, Aug 8, 2015

2. no sound playing from USB headset

im using my USB headset my windows 10 got updated 2-3 weeks ago. my USB headset (logitech G930) haven't been able to play sound ever since.

i have tried theses solutions.

-setting my headset as my default device.

-un-installing/re-installing my audio drivers

the green bar that bounces up and down in correlation to sounds on the volume mixer is also absent.

also giving my headset an audio test doesn't seem to work either.

i have used this headset on my console and it projects sound fine.

also using earbuds works fine also.

johnny diplomacy, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Michael

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on a Toshiba l755-S5256 notebook. I have discovered the sound does not automatically switch from the speaker to the headset when plugging in a headset. The sound does switch if I manually change the Speaker/Headset
    setting in Manage Audio Devices. There is no problem when I have tested Skype, but only when the Headset is selected. Also, only once thus far, I have been able to get Cortana to acknowledge my voice.

My settings show the audio card as a High Definition Audio device - Driver 10.0.10586.0.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Michael_040, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

summerray, welcome to the forms. Try right clicking the speaker icon it the lower right side of the taskbar, choose recording devices, the right click the headset and set as default.

Dude, Aug 8, 2015
  5. summerray Win User
    Thanks Dude, but I've already tried every conceivable combination of settings in Recording and Playback devices. Headset doesn't show on Recording, but in Playback, Communications headphone is default, as is Speakers/Headphones. Test tones on all are O.K. Latest drivers are installed.

summerray, Aug 8, 2015
  6. summerray Win User
    In Sound/Playback devices, it shows Speakers/Headphones, IDT Hi-Def audio codec, Default device. Also Communication Headphones, IDT Hi-Def audio codec, Default Communication device.
    However, when I perform a troubleshooting on the Comm. headphones, the result shows a problem that it is not set as default. "Apply this Fix" fails.

summerray, Aug 8, 2015
  7. summerray Win User
    Solved! See below article. It was the third driver (at the top of list) that worked for me.
    You can try this. Open Device Manager and expand Sound, video and game controllers. Right click your audio controller (if you have two showing start with the top one) select Update driver software... and in the pop-up select 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Select 'Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer', the resulting pop-up will show a list. The one with the blue tinted certificate icon is the one currently used and doesn't work. Start from the bottom if you have a list and click on it, then select the next tab. You might get an error warning that the device won't work if you install that driver. Just carry on installing. The sound icon might also show the red diagonal line. Reboot and let the driver install for a few seconds then try the volume slider on the speaker icon in the notification area. Repeat this untill you find one that works. If none work return to the original driver and keep checking windows update.

summerray, Aug 13, 2015
  8. summerray Win User

After reboot, problem returned. But repeating the above procedure, and selecting the top of the choices, it was corrected.

summerray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio on headset. But sound test O.K. - Similar Threads - audio headset sound

2. My headset audio make popping/crash sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset audio make popping/crash sound: After I update the armoury crate,my headset make strange sound and my mic make weird sound. I decrease/increase the volume because it soo loud,I start to hear popping/crash sound when I spam volume bar.I check task manager and spamming volume bar at the same time,I see...
  3. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  4. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  5. Test Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  6. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...: I have been without sound for 6 weeks and so have 3 of my employees. I have told them to be patient and that Microsoft is working on an issue while I try every week or so to have my audio on my windows computer turned back on. I finally saw that Windows posted a new update...
  7. Headset mic Test

Headset mic Test: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognise...
  8. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....
  9. headset connected but not working / can't test sound of audio device

headset connected but not working / can't test sound of audio device: I have plantronics headset that works on a laptop OS win 10 64bit. But it doesn't work on my desktop PC OS won 10 64bit. downloaded and installed the latest drivers. It's a plantronics legend UC headset on the audio device manager there are no bars next to the headset...
  10. No headsets sound

No headsets sound: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10x64 anniversary edition on my HP Probook G2 laptop, I don't have anymore sound on headsets. After installing and uninstalling several drivers I got my sound back, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. What I tried: -...