Windows 10: No Audio on HP Spectre

Discus and support No Audio on HP Spectre in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pandadeluxe, Sep 4, 2020.

1. No Audio on HP Spectre

No Audio on HP Spectre cMEWoDX_iFLcNZzPTpz5Om6ScpQqahIpTOebVcNbWow.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l...bp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af

When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured). I've tried updating and uninstalling the sound devices through device manager and also completed a full system reset but still have the errors. Any ideas on how to fix? TIA

submitted by /u/pandadeluxe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pandadeluxe, Sep 4, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! No Audio on HP Spectre :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Sep 4, 2020
  3. On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

Empress123G, Sep 4, 2020
  4. No Audio on HP Spectre

HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to find the Webcam and microphone driver in Device Manager. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What happens when you open the Camera app?
    • Are you not able to see the webcam driver under Imaging devices?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

As per the Product Specifications, Webcam is available in this model:
    HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx Product Specifications

If you are getting the following error "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App", when opening the camera app, then follow the suggestions from this article:

HP PCs - "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App (Windows 10)
    . If you are not getting the above message then follow the suggestion from this article:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

Regarding the Microphone issue, we would suggest you to run the
    Audio Troubleshooter listed under Troubleshooting from the

HP website
    once your PC gets detected.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

No Audio on HP Spectre

1. No Audio on HP Spectre - Similar Threads - Audio Spectre

2. My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...: Im not sure what to do, it's random when it does it. I have tried it on my speaker and headset. I looked at all my audio drivers and they all are updated. Can someone help me? Thank You...
  3. My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio keeps cutting out and being choppy at times, it also seems to get worse towards...: Im not sure what to do, it's random when it does it. I have tried it on my speaker and headset. I looked at all my audio drivers and they all are updated. Can someone help me? Thank You...
  4. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  5. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  6. SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10: My problem is one day after computer was running perfectly fine, I just suddenly had no audio device to produce sound. The speaker icon in the Win tool bar had an X and said " No audio device present". I checked if there was an WIndows update the night before and there was....
  7. External Audio stopped working on HP Spectre 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Audio stopped working on HP Spectre 15: No audio works on youtube, pandora, netflix etc. Tried both edge and chrome. Tried updating audio drivers etc nothing is working. worked fine last night and stopped working this am. bluetooth audio works w headset. Windows start sound works from speakers laptop is...
  8. On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?: On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-the-hp-spectre-360x-are-headphones-always/5cfbec9f-16d2-403b-8c78-ba23b1292b24
  9. spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port

spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port: My x360 has a combined audio jack with just one hole for both audio input and output, as most laptops do. When I go to the Audio control panel, I see the default audio device as the output audio device. Now If I plug in a audio cable in there, the audio control panel does not...
  10. Could audio latency problem be due to Meltdown and Spectre fixes?

Could audio latency problem be due to Meltdown and Spectre fixes?: I have been experiencing very bad audio latency problems lately, and latencymon confirms that the situation is not good, but I have been unable to find a reason why I am having this issue now when I didn't have it before, given that my hardware hasn't changed. Could the fixes...