Windows 10: No audio or video playback.

Discus and support No audio or video playback. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neil Donnelly, Apr 2, 2020.

1. No audio or video playback.

My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop diagnostics but to no avail. Please can someone advise if this is a windows issue and how I can fix it?

Many thanks

:)

Neil Donnelly, Apr 2, 2020

2. No video playback in Microsoft apps since installing widows 10

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur while playing video from the local drive?

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all and Select
      Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 2, 2020
  3. loss of audio and video after eindows 10 install

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Let us follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Playing Audio
    Troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and select the utility from the results

• The Troubleshooting window will now open. From the left menu, select “View All

• From the list that opens, select “Playing Audio” and a new window will open

• Follow the steps of the troubleshooter and apply the fixes that are given
    Step 2: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and select the utility from the results

• The Troubleshooting window will now open. From the left menu, select “View All

• From the list that opens, select “Video Playback” and a new window will open.

• Follow the steps of the troubleshooter and apply the fixes that are given
    Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Apr 2, 2020
  4. No audio or video playback.

No Video Playback

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause video clips not to play on Xbox App.
    It is possible that your video card drivers are not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play videos using other applications on your PC?
    • Have you tried to check if offline videos are playing on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested steps under Troubleshooting video or display problems
    on this
    link
    to resolve the issue.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

No audio or video playback.

1. No audio or video playback. - Similar Threads - audio video playback

2. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  3. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  4. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Playback & Audio Problems

Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  6. Audio not working only in video playback apps

Audio not working only in video playback apps: Recently, I cannot get any audio to play from any video playback apps such as "Films & TV", "VLC Player", and "Windows Media Player". I've tried downloading additional, third-party applications to try to play my videos with sound. I've tested additional programs such as...
  7. Slow motion video / audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow motion video / audio playback: A Level 2 Technician just finished installing Version 1809 in to my Dell 5755 laptop, trying to resolve my slow motion video / audio playback. BUT 99.9999% of the time I have no audio at all. This has been ongoing since waaay before the upgrade to the 1809 version. In...
  8. Issues streaming and playback audio and video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues streaming and playback audio and video: Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files with Windows Media...
  9. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  10. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...