Windows 10: no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers

Discus and support no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; NO AUDIO OUT OF EITHER PORTS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lorenzo rexflorez, Feb 27, 2019.

1. no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers

NO AUDIO OUT OF EITHER PORTS

:)

lorenzo rexflorez, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers [​IMG]

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Speaker, audio device detected leads to simultaneous restart prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What did you mean when you state "detected a new hardware and updated the system"?
    • Did you plug an external speaker on to your computer and received the above prompt?
    • Do you get sound via your internal speakers when you play an audio file?

For now, I suggest that you perform Power Drain, and check if you still get the Restart prompt.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Also, if connected to an external speaker, unplug the speaker restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers

1. no audio out of either ports , started just recently , i checked all the cords , speakers - Similar Threads - audio either ports

2. Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how tocorrect this in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how tocorrect this in...: Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how to correct this in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-just-started-reverberating-recently-i/45571049-f631-4d34-899d-c8a7010cc721
  3. Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how tocorrect this in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how tocorrect this in...: Speaker just started REVERBERATING - recently - I cannot figure out how to correct this in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-just-started-reverberating-recently-i/45571049-f631-4d34-899d-c8a7010cc721
  4. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  5. No audio coming out of speakers

No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  6. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  8. No audio out of external speakers

No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  9. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I recently updated, and now all audio plays through the speakers no matter what

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently updated, and now all audio plays through the speakers no matter what: I updated my Surface Laptop (first gen) a couple days ago, and since then I can't use headphones anymore. I've tried plugging in different headphones, but it still plays through the speakers. I've gone through all the audio settings I can find and they're all set to what...