Windows 10: no audio out of headphone jack

Discus and support no audio out of headphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aftermath Lab, Feb 18, 2020.

1. no audio out of headphone jack

Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper settings when realtek audio are the only avail choice?

:)

Aftermath Lab, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Headphone Jack not working (Windows 10, Dell)

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried using different headphone or speaker on your computer?
    2. May I know the make and the model of the headphone you are using?
    3. Are you able to hear the audio from rear jack?

You can try troubleshooting below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Please check the audio cable connection and volume settings before troubleshooting.

Method 1: Enable jack detection.

1. Open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    2. Uncheck Disable front panel jack detection from the
      Connector Settings from the right pane.

Method 2: Reinstall audio drivers.

I suggest you to download the audio driver from the motherboard manufacturer website and install it.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with the requested information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 18, 2020
  4. no audio out of headphone jack

Headphone jack is missing

Im using a Toshiba Sattilite laptop running Windows 10. I have been putting my sound through my home theater system via the 3.5 headphone jack as an output. This config. had been working fine for about a year now. Last week I added a pair of Bluetooth
    headphones (Ausdom M06) and the 3.5 jack vanished from my list of available audio devices. Now as a headphone option the system only lists the Btooth and when I plug in the 3.5 jack the computer doesn't see it, in fact it says it's unplugged. I've reinstalled
    my audio driver(RealTech), lookd in every setting I could find and of course checked windows update. HELP! I can't seem to track this down.

JerryBessey, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

no audio out of headphone jack

1. no audio out of headphone jack - Similar Threads - audio headphone jack

2. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack issue: headphones not working: Hello, I'm having a strange issue with my Windows 10 laptop where I am plugging my headphones into the audio jack, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. However, it gets weird. If I restart my laptop with the headphones in the audio jack, it works when the laptop goes on just...
  3. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio jack issue: headphones not working: Hello, I'm having a strange issue with my Windows 10 laptop where I am plugging my headphones into the audio jack, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. However, it gets weird. If I restart my laptop with the headphones in the audio jack, it works when the laptop goes on just...
  4. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  6. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  7. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  8. Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack: [ATTACH] For context, I built my pc back in 2018 and when I initially installed Windows 10, the mic did not work and I could not find a solution to fix it. The sound settings would always say that there are no input devices found and I just stopped bothering with it....
  9. Headphones into rear audio jack?

Headphones into rear audio jack?: Hello. The headphone input on the front of my PC is broken and I cannot use it anymore. No big deal I thought, I'll plug my headphones into the rear audio jack. Well... that ends up being a massive issue somehow. The back inputs seem to be coded differently, which makes the...
  10. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...