Windows 10: No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

Discus and support No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have upgraded my laptop Asus k43s from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything went fine but then I decided to reset the laptop to have a fresh start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeusss, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jeusss Win User

No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

I have upgraded my laptop Asus k43s from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything went fine but then I decided to reset the laptop to have a fresh start. After resetting, my sound button has a red x mark on it saying that "No audio output device is installed". So I go to the device manager to check things out and it says that the drivers are functioning well. I have 4 Nvidia high definition audio and 1 realtek high definition audio(don't know why so many). I tried to disable and enable but no luck. I also tried to do a reset again to check if something went wrong on my first reset but still after the 2nd reset I still get the same problem. Can someone please help me? Thank you so much!

:)

jeusss, Aug 6, 2015

2. no audio output device installed after windows 10 annaveresy update was installed.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps to run hardware troubleshooter on the computer and check if that helps you:

1. Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

2. Click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices option.

5. Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 2:

Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

1. Press Windows and X keys together.

2. Click on Device Manager.

3. Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the sound device and
    select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer after the successful uninstallation of sound Device.

For more information refer to the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 6, 2015
  3. no audio output device installed after windows 10 annaveresy update was installed.

on the 25/8/16 I installed windows 10 update 1607.after a day I had no sound.i have checked numerous links on how to uninstall and reinstall drivers,and updates and went to realtek etc,but nothing has worked so far.i have an acer aspire v17 nitro laptop
    ,windows 10 64bit 16gb 1000gb hdd .my biggest problem is I am limited to what I can do as I was using this as a means of communication due to three serve strokes this year,and can only afford prepaid data.any help would be greatly appreciated.please help I
    am truly stuck and yes I did try to uninstall the update still have a red x over the sound icon.

jeremylawson1975, Aug 6, 2015
  4. No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

Have you downloaded the drivers from Nvidia and or realtek. I had the same problem with AMD. when i installed the latest drvres for window 10 my sound is back again.
    good luk Topper.​

toppergraph, Aug 6, 2015
  5. jeusss Win User
    I have downloaded all drivers available for my laptop on realtek and installed them yet the problem still exists. Now I am downloading 1 of the 3 NVidia audio drivers available for my laptop. Am I doing this right? Should I just download 1 driver or should I get all available drivers?

jeusss, Aug 6, 2015
  6. jeusss Win User
    Update: I have downloaded and installed every single drivers available for my laptop but no luck, still no audio. Help *Sad

jeusss, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Hey, I posted a video on YouTube of how I solved my similar audio problem in Windows 10. Try to follow the video at Windows 10 No Audio Fix - YouTube

If you have the red x, follow the steps in the video. If it doesn't work, follow the steps again, until the red x point in the video, and try Windows Update instead, and press on the red x: It should give you an option to choose the default audio device. If not, continue the video's steps.

Opinionsmatter2, Aug 8, 2015
  8. No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

from my own thread
    just tried the idea of setting frequency to 16bit 9600 but I received no sound output error box....then went to enhancements settings where it has bass etc etc settings, was disabled so enabled it without choosing any option..then went back to frequency and changed it to default, which is 24 bit 19200....then was told not supported by this device but then miraculously it worked....now have all sound restored windows music everything...not sure if still have windows 7 driver...it is MS 2008... really scared to update the driver as it is all now working....not sure how I fixed it though, was it one particular action ? or a combination...? maybe it might help

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  9. LastLong Win User
    I am still running Windows Vista on my laptop. I did a full factory reset and re-installed all of the drivers and OS. However, I received the same red X over the audio with the "No audio output device is installed" error. I tried disabling the driver and then enabling it, and after that failed I attempted to download the RealTek driver. It also failed. After which I performed another factory reset to start fresh. I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the sound driver completely and then installing the same driver from the manufacturer of the computers website. My audio is fully working now. Like I stated I am on the Vista OS, but if all else fails this could be a resolution for you.

LastLong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

1. No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.

No audio output device installed after Windows 10 update.: RCA Tablet W101_V2 old but good fellaDon't know which update caused problem.Had just reset to help keyboard issue, which did fix.RCA contacted, no help but to reset again which will give me same update that caused audio problem.Have tried reinstalling drivers, previous...
  4. no audio output device after reset

no audio output device after reset: No audio output device after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-after-reset/5dc1429e-2830-4c7b-a5f2-7aa489179fa3
  5. "no audio output device is installed" after windows 10 reinstall

"no audio output device is installed" after windows 10 reinstall: Toshiba Satellite C 55 Carried out windows Reset from Recovery to remove one problem; now have a new one after windows reinstalled. Audio icon bottom right has an x against it; starting trouble-shooter from the icon reports; cannot identify the problem; audio...
  6. Windows 10 'No Audio Output Device is installed' after crash

Windows 10 'No Audio Output Device is installed' after crash: I plugged my television into my laptop, using an HDMI cable, to use it as a second display, as I do on a regular basis, but suddenly windows declared it had an error and had to close. When rebooting from this, I've suddenly found Windows is telling me 'No Audio Output Device...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed", After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/565bd59e-fb0c-4263-8e40-134a21288f87
  8. No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update

No Audio Output Device is Installed After Windows 10 update: My laptop now has "no audio output installed",After Windows update. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-after-windows/8046c142-58b3-4fb9-bfa0-bb07bffa6fb1
  9. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  10. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed: Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no audio output device is installed even after resetting windows