Windows 10: No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

Discus and support No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Product: hp omen 15-dc0045nr Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) the speakers were working just fine before i reset my laptop. ps: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by STRIKERIMPERIUS, Mar 2, 2019.

1. No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

Product: hp omen 15-dc0045nr
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the speakers were working just fine before i reset my laptop.
    ps: the laptop ins brand new (1 week)

reason for reseting the PC: some DLL files for DirectX were not found and i was not able to reinstall or repair it. I am running low on time for a very important project deadline so as desperate measure i reset my laptop. Now DirectX worked but now my audio doesnt work.

things that i have tried:

1)reseting the laptop again - no change whatsoever
    2)trying to update the drivers
    3)uninstalled the drivers and pressed scan for hardware changes - no change
    4)uninstalled the drivers and tried to install the correct drives i got from hp driver support for my model - no luck
    5)tried everything here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc/20329817/model/24514934/document...
    6)tried hp PC hardware diagnostic tool
    7)install latest windows updates - no improvement
    8)tried driver booster: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php - it installed a driver under sound, video and game contollers but it did not solve anything
    9)tried intel driver support assistant - no luck
    10)system restore points - didnt work
    11)sfc/ scannow - no integrity violations
    12) i did do some other small things with luck whatsover
    13)rinse and repeat all the above steps for the past 22hrs

i have some really important deadlines to make( project related to audio processing) and have my final exams in a couple of days. please can anyone save me please

:)

STRIKERIMPERIUS, Mar 2, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi JacquelineL1

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do.

Step 1. Open the search box

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter

Step 3. Click View all

Step 4. Select Playing audio

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 2, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 2, 2019
  4. No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

Only a single audio-output device detected after latest update

Hi there,

today I installed the latest Win10 Creators Update (Spring 2018). According to my system information I am now on version 1803, Build 17134.1.

Right after the update I was no longer able to switch between my primary and secondary audio-devices (speaker and headset). Both are connected via 3.5mm jack (front and back). There is now only a single "Realtek High Definition Audio" in my list of available
    devices.

My "Realtek HD Audio Manager" properly lists both audio devices correctly, but even the device manager only shows a single audio-output device.

Even reinstallation of the audio driver did not fix the issue.

How can I enable Windows to properly detect my sound devices again?

LEilers123, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

1. No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!! - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device: I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show some output device options including Headset, Headphone etc. But it started not...
  3. [HELP] No Audio Output Device is installed.

[HELP] No Audio Output Device is installed.: I'm experiencing an issue that says I don't have an audio device installed. I couldn't listen to anything on YouTube, Netflix, or anything for that matter. I resetted the device twice and reinstalled Windows. I'm using a Kano PC powered by Windows 10 Pro. I want to get this...
  4. Audio output not detected.

Audio output not detected.: My laptop got shut down because the battery died. But as soon as i restarted the device , it is not detecting any audio output and there is a red cross appearing on the speaker icon in the task bar. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but that did not work. Can anyone...
  5. Windows 10 detects no audio output devices

Windows 10 detects no audio output devices: My computer's audio output devices have disappeared from the list of available devices and I'm left with a red cross over the speaker icon. Checking Hardware manager I can see all of the devices but they've got ! symbols on them but no matter how often I...
  6. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  7. "No audio output device is installed" Help?

"No audio output device is installed" Help?: I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and just this morning my audio is nonexistent with the error "No audio output device is installed". My audio didn't have any problems after upgrading till I put it to sleep for the night and found it broken the next day. I have...
  8. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  9. Audio Output Not Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Output Not Detected: My laptop will not detect my headphones when plugging into the audio jack. Though it does know somethings there because a popup comes up asking me what device I just plugged in. Regardless, I cannot switch from laptop speakers to headphones. I've reinstalled audio drivers and...
  10. no audio output device is installed help

no audio output device is installed help: My pc says no audio output device is installed help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-help/5f42359e-d92a-4385-9fe1-32fd410cfaef