Windows 10: "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

Discus and support "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before anything else, I want to state that I've already tried the following methods to troubleshoot this: - Uninstalling and reinstalling Intel(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Unknown Tru7h, Oct 11, 2018.

1. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

Before anything else, I want to state that I've already tried the following methods to troubleshoot this:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Intel(R) Display Audio driver. (only audio driver that showed)

- Searching for driver updates.

- Clicking on the small sound tab with a red X in the bottom right and launching the troubleshooter. Says it couldn't find any issues.

- Tried using the sound tester, but since the audio device is disconnected, I couldn't activate any sounds.

- Restarting PC.

I'm using an HP laptop with Windows 10 v1803. I've gone into Device Manager, gone into my "Sound, video and game controllers" tab. I click on "Intel(R) Display Audio and it says that the driver is working properly, yet in the bottom right it says no audio output device is installed. What am I missing? None of the above troubleshoot methods worked. Yesterday, and possibly earlier today (can't confirm), the audio worked fine.

:)

Unknown Tru7h, Oct 11, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is installed

I clicked the link you gave me. HP told me to download "HPSupportSolutionsFramework-12.3.11.29" to check drivers that can be installed. After I download and install this solution framework from HP, the webpage proceed to next step and tell me that Windows update may have driver for me. It tells me to go to windows update and search for driver.

I did what it told me to do. But the windows update don't have anything for me to update or install.

For this case HP suggest me to open device manager to install the missing driver. (I'm referring to section "Update other specific components" under the "Installing updates in Windows 10" title in the webpage HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model? | HP® Customer Support)

HP suggest me to right click on the driver that I want to update to update. But as shown on the image I provided in my previous post, I cannot see any "audio inputs and outputs" tab or audio driver. I only see audio controller in the "System device" tab. (and these controller have the "!" sign on them for some reason)

Am I meant to do something to the audio controller?
    Or should I install a new audio driver? (if so, how do I install one?)

Anonymous123, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Puffy1 Win User
    How to install audio output device?

I HP laptop, I am using windows 10. On task bar, it shows, no audio output device is installed that makes me deprived of enjoying music.

Please anyone help me in installing audio output device.

Thanks.

Puffy1, Oct 11, 2018
  4. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

1. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803 - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed || No Audio from laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio Output Device is installed || No Audio from laptop: [ATTACH] Headphone also not working. https://preview.redd.it/syhqixzaido61.png?width=531&format=png&auto=webp&s=4581fe90ce31926ab29a00b75ceaf721dc37eaaa In Device Manager. inside Sound, video and game controller - RealTek Drivers are missing and in system devices...
  4. Audio Issue - No audio output device installed

Audio Issue - No audio output device installed: no audio output device installed....how do I fix this problem ***Original Title: audio*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-no-audio-output-device-installed/657a94d7-1778-48d7-a009-769b5bbd7808
  5. Issue with Audio Output Device

Issue with Audio Output Device: My Task Bar is on red and won't play sound. This issue appears since Windows update. Any Idea to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-audio-output-device/fed70ffd-4534-4b3a-9327-499f2eace86e
  6. No audio output device is installed. Windows 10 laptop.

No audio output device is installed. Windows 10 laptop.: I have no sound from my laptop after an update. Things I have tried: restart pc, didn't work update drivers, didn't work uninstall device, didn't work I have[ATTACH] what appears to be two devices I have tried uninstalling both individually, to no avail. I think I...
  7. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  8. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed: Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise - "No audio output devices are installed" issue

Windows 10 Enterprise - "No audio output devices are installed" issue: Hi everybody, I've upgraded my ASUS U36SG from Windows 8.1 Professional to Windows 10 Enterprise. Everything went fine unless the issue "no audio output devices are installed", I've tried almost all the solutions you guys provided for that problem in other similar...
  10. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed: Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago. But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not detected. Things I tried: 1.) Reinstalled the realtek driver ( R279, 7553) 2.) Restart the Windows Audio Services 3.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no audio output device installed HP