Windows 10: No audio output device is installed windows 10

Discus and support No audio output device is installed windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried the trouble shooter to no avail. I have gone into device manager updated drivers - the Intel ??? is installed. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kathleenOld, Oct 13, 2018.

1. No audio output device is installed windows 10

I have tried the trouble shooter to no avail. I have gone into device manager updated drivers - the Intel ??? is installed. Help

:)

kathleenOld, Oct 13, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 13, 2018
  3. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First, I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click Audio playback and follow the on-screen instructions.
    After running the troubleshooter, try to install the Mouse drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps:

1) Press Windows + X and select
    Device manager.

2) Select Audio input and output.

3) Right click on driver and select update driver software.

4) Next follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue still persists, the rollback the driver and check the issue.

To rollback:

• Right click on driver.

• Select Properties and click on
      Driver tab.

• Now select Rollback driver.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 13, 2018
  4. No audio output device is installed windows 10

windows 10- no audio output devices installed

Hi Phillips,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might arise due to incompatibility of audio drivers with Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it works.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

You may also update the Audio driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Audio input and output” & “Sound, video and Game controller”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

No audio output device is installed windows 10

1. No audio output device is installed windows 10 - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - NO Audio Output Device is installed: For the second time in 6 months or so, my audio drivers have just disappeared. Message states: "No Audio Output Device is installed." WHY??!! Also, I am unable to open SETTINGS from the START menu!...
  4. Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio Output Device is installed: I have just done a system reset and am now running version 2004 OS build 1904.423 but am getting the errorNo Audio Output Device is installed when I troubleshoot....
  5. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed: TL;DR - no audio after adding a webcam disabled some audio and trying to reinstall drivers removed all audio. Easy fix, or reinstall windows, or buy a new machine? 18-month old tower (now out of warranty) to an HDMI TV as monitor. Regular updates but no system restore points...
  6. NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10: Hi. I'm contacting you guys because I have nothing left to do to fix my HP Pavilion laptop. Couple of weeks ago, after an update from Microsoft, my laptop lost its audio. I have the sound icon on the taskbar in a red circle with an X. When I hover the mouse over it, I get...
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10

No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10: I completed a Windows update back in October of 2018 and noticed the red x over my volume icon. I had an error message that there was no audio output drivers installed on my machine. After trying the fixes listed, I ended up installing a driver from intel's website directly...
  8. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  9. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed: Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab...
  10. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed: Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago. But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not detected. Things I tried: 1.) Reinstalled the realtek driver ( R279, 7553) 2.) Restart the Windows Audio Services 3.)...