Windows 10: No Audio Output Device is installed

Discus and support No Audio Output Device is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry to say it is looking more like a defective motherboard. No chance this rig is still under warranty? What is "the red cross at the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anonymous123, Mar 26, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

No Audio Output Device is installed

Sorry to say it is looking more like a defective motherboard.
    No chance this rig is still under warranty?

What is "the red cross at the right bottom corner of the screen"?
    Is the red cross over a speaker icon?

I think the HP website will only find and display drivers for connected (installed) devices. So if the sound chip is not detected then you would not get any sound driver offered.

The real clinching test for this kind of hardware problem is to run a version of Linux from a USB stick (this does not install Linux on your hard drive, it just runs from the thumb drive).
    If there is no sound while running Linux, and especially if there is no sound device found under Linux, then that would pretty much confirm that this is not a Windows or driver problem and it is likely there is a defect in the chip or the motherboard.

You can search for and download a copy of Ubuntu or Puppy Linux to do this (two popular versions of Linux).
    Once copied onto the thumb drive you then use the PC's boot menu to boot from the thumb drive rather than the hard drive. You can check the HP site for instructions for which key to press while booting to bring up the boot menu.

2. OldMike65 Win User

For my HP Computer, its the F9 key to TAP.....BEFORE you see any log on screen.

Just keep tapping....do not hold the key.

OldMike65, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Alright, I have post a question on HP's forum.

Anonymous123, Mar 29, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Hey its worth a shot.....not much to lose at this point. Sometimes, they even offer to log on to your computer to see if they can repair it.....for free.....but not always.

I KNOW they have drivers for your sound device on their.....too. and Not from MS, from HP.

OldMike65, Mar 29, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Mar 29, 2016
  6. The red cross looks like this:

No Audio Output Device is installed [​IMG]

I will do the linux later.

I tried press ESC, DELETE, and from F1 to F12:
    ESC:

F1 has no effect.
    F2:

F3 to F8 has no effect.
    F9 is select boot device:

F10 is the Hewlett Packard setup thing:

F11 is recovery (no image).
    F12 is another select boot device:

Delete has no effect.

Thanks! I will have it as a last resort.

Actually, will this type of USB sound card work and give me sound? (I just surfed Amazon)

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Aluminum-External-Adapter-AU-EMAC/dp/B00OJ5AV8I/ref=pd_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41arqGyesRL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0G0MATWV3M4 R1P9HGEY5

7. OldMike65 Win User
    That usb device is mainly for head phones and microphones .....that would not be the one I would use. But that's your choice.
    If your computer's sound can not be fixed, and their is nothing else wrong with your computer, then install a sound CARD into one of your PCI slots.
    The F9 key is for booting to a bootable USB Flash drive, if you were going to install Linux on a usb stick. That was mentioned earlier in your thread.

OldMike65, Mar 29, 2016
  8. No Audio Output Device is installed

I never know that. Thanks for the info.

9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Ah yes, the red cross means you have no sound! You knew that!

Interesting: in the screen shot for pressing the ESC key: Startup Menu, there is an item for "System Information".
    It would be interesting to highlight that and hit ENTER to see if it shows the sound device there.

10. I don't think it shows anything related to sound device:

Anonymous123, Mar 30, 2016
  11. I used USB stick to try Ubuntu. There is sound. (I went to YouTube, play random video and I can hear sound.)

12. What if you try to install the audio driver for Windows 8?

I checked the HP support site for your model and Windows 8 is the only OS that has the Audio Driver listed.

I think it's worth a shot considering how much trouble you've had with this issue!

Cheerio, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 30, 2016
  13. No Audio Output Device is installed

Cheers! But unfortunately tried both drivers and they both didn't work.

14. What did it say? Or did it say anything at all?

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 30, 2016
  15. I downloaded two drivers from HP support website. (I search with model number 500-007a, and then select windows 8 instead of windows 10). Then I see 2 audio drivers available:

The first one results in this:

Basically it says the IDT software does not support the detected hardware.

The second one results in this:

The installation for both is not successfully. The problem (no sound, red cross on the audio icon) still remain.

Thema:

1. No Audio Output Device is installed - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed: Hi,Laptop: Medion P6645 / Windows 10I turned my laptop on this morning and there is a red cross next to my speaker icon.It says speaker setup unknown and in output and input devices there are no options to select.In device manager sound is hidden, unhiding it I then...
  3. No Audio Output Devices in installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices in installed: I know this has been widely discussed and Carlo TJ Independent Advisor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/29478bd8-e990-4de7-b01b-862427c4f74b , Replied on July 1, 2021 on No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The problem is the...
  4. No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device Installed: Hello! I installed realtek as no audio output device installed. Now it has a yellow triangle. Realtek High Definition Audio" Any help? This device cannot start. Code 10 --> This is error reported in the Device manager...
  5. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Been having this problem for about a week now, Have tried pretty much everything from doing stuff in device manager to system recovery. Nothing works and I can't do a windows reset cause others use the computer, Windows 10 version 2004...
  6. No Audio Output Device is Installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed: So, I know that this is really late, but didn't install the latest update until yesterday just because I was too lazy to deal with it. My problem is pretty much the same as everyone else; my audio just doesn't work and when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon in the...
  7. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: I plugged a HDMI cord into my computer as I have since I purchased it 1 year ago today I unplugged the HDMI cord and now I have no sound on my lap top it shows an exclamation point in the device manager but when I update the driver it says I am current. The speaker at the...
  8. No audio Output device is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio Output device is installed: One day i logged on to my pc and i realize that my audio wasn't working. Every time i clicked on it will always pop up to trouble shoot it. It wont allow to adjust the sound so i cant hear anything out of my headset. Can someone please help...
  9. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...