Windows 10: No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things

Discus and support No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is my motherboard bad, or have I missed something?. This started with MSI B360M mobo, and four year old gigabyte video card. I have three monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stonecherub, Aug 14, 2020.

1. No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things

Is my motherboard bad, or have I missed something?.

This started with MSI B360M mobo, and four year old gigabyte video card. I have three monitors and use six desktops in my writing and image manipulation using Lightroom. Running Win 10 V 2004 patched so far.

My window have been drifting between monitors when their desktop is not active. Annoying, mostly, but made me leery of the video card.

Wednesday, the box booted and seemed OK but had a win 10 update pending so I ran it. The re-start hung because the board never powered-off. Since that time, it only shuts down by holding the ON button for several seconds.

I replaced the video card with an MSI Radeon 5500 XT. Windows no longer drift but the other stuff remains.

"Sleep" and "shutDn" keys on my keyboard turn off the video but do not shut the box down as they did earlier in the week. "Sleep" does save the memory and it restarts where it left off but the lights remain bright in the box and I have to use the ON button.

I have an amp plugged in to the audio socket but it no longer gets any signal. There isn't even any noise when I turn the volume full up. But, in Settings-system-sound, the Master Volume indicator bar shows a bouncing line if I have an audio input (like Media Player).

What might I have missed, here?

:)

stonecherub, Aug 14, 2020
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Aug 14, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 14, 2020
  4. No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things

Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things :)

GiancarlosGarza, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things

1. No audio output, mic doesn't work and other things - Similar Threads - audio output mic

2. My Audio Output doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Output doesn't work: Hello, I've been needing to fix my audio problems. My laptop seems to not have any output, i've tried multiple solution on internet but can't seem to get the audio, any fixes that could help me?...
  3. My Audio Output doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio Output doesn't work: Hello, I've been needing to fix my audio problems. My laptop seems to not have any output, i've tried multiple solution on internet but can't seem to get the audio, any fixes that could help me?...
  4. Mic doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic doesn't work: I was playing video games, when unexpectedly my computer crashed. It wasn't responding at all, all I could do was move my mouse, that's all. I pressed ctrl+alt+del and it didn't react at all. The PC just froze. So I turned it off by holding the power ON button. When I turned...
  5. Split Audio Output now front Mic won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Split Audio Output now front Mic won't work: I've recently separated my audio output into two channels using Realtek HD Manager. Now that I've done that my front microphone jack won't recognize voice, but it will recognize that something is plugged in and also will play sound out of the front output jack.Any help is...
  6. Mic doesn't work

Mic doesn't work: My built in mic does not work. It doesn't detect input. I have checked the usual troublesshooting tips, and no progress. Also, when I plug in a headset with a jack cable, it also won't work. However, when I use an USB-cable headset, it works just fine. I have not had...
  7. Mic doesn't work

Mic doesn't work: I bought a new microphone jack 3.5 and my computer doesn't pick any sound. This problem already happened to me with earbuds with microphone that's why I bought a new mic. I tried everything I found on internet: Updating drivers, activating microphone on privacy tab on...
  8. mic doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mic doesn't work: submitted by /u/Ras_Everton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzhd0a/mic_doesnt_work/
  9. Mic works with no clear output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic works with no clear output: Setting up a new microphone and it paired and configured successful but during zoom meeting no I can actually hear me well but it indicates that it's working fine in audio settings the bars moves when I speak....
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...