Windows 10: No audio output once again after Window update

Discus and support No audio output once again after Window update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This occurred a couple days ago after updating a .NET Framework plus other updates that day. The last fix suggested from here a few months ago worked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jprzybilla, Aug 12, 2019.

1. No audio output once again after Window update

This occurred a couple days ago after updating a .NET Framework plus other updates that day.

The last fix suggested from here a few months ago worked, now it doesn't.

1. No audio output device installed

2. Troubleshoot

A. Realtek hd audio has a driver problem

Couldn’t identify the problem

3.Clicked, Update Driver/Browse my computer for driver

A. The best drivers already installed, Realtek hd

A. Driver Version, 6.0.1.8186

4. Uninstalled/Reinstalled audio driver/restarted computer, still no audio

5. Double clicked Realtek hd

A. This device cannot start. (Code 10)

6. Tried installing, IDT HD Audio CODEC

A. An error occurred during the installation process, A device attached to the system is not working

:)

jprzybilla, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

No Audio output after Windows update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the make and the model of the computer?
    2. When you say "Microsoft windows update has blocked my audio output device from working" are you not able to get Audio from your computer
    3. Which update was installed?

I suggest you to refer this article to Fix sound problems in Windows

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 12, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 12, 2019
  4. No audio output once again after Window update

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

No audio output once again after Window update

1. No audio output once again after Window update - Similar Threads - audio output once

2. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no output audio laptop after last update: no output audio on laptop after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-audio-laptop-after-last-update/daa1ce10-3eb1-4e53-9297-e5b99b51c3f4
  3. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no output audio laptop after last update: no output audio on laptop after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-audio-laptop-after-last-update/daa1ce10-3eb1-4e53-9297-e5b99b51c3f4
  4. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  6. No audio output device error after windows update

No audio output device error after windows update: Yesterday whilst I was out my laptop decided to do windows updates, it prompted me to restart which I did, when it eventually restarted 40 minutes later I had no sound, it says no audio output device is installed, I have tried all sorts including trying to install legacy...
  7. Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update: This morning I was told to install an update on my Windows 10 computer, but after I did it, it said that it was having trouble restarting and needed me to uninstall all my programs to do a complete reset. I did that, and after I reset my computer it had all of its programs...
  8. and again no audio after updates installed

and again no audio after updates installed: I am actually in tears now am so fed up with trying to sort this pc every time i have an update ,im not technically savvy, I have read and read and read I have uninstalled drivers reinstalled drivers restarted etc etc still no sound rebooted 300 times just today, every "free"...
  9. networked computers disapear once again after update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networked computers disapear once again after update.: after latest update computers not visable on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-computers-disapear-once-again-after/de7c36dd-689a-4f96-8340-4acfc1a2d29f
  10. No Audio output after Windows update

No Audio output after Windows update: For the second time Microsoft windows update has blocked my audio output device from working. Is there any lawsuits going that I can join to stop this from happening again? * Original title: class action law suit...