Windows 10: no audio output or sound card showing

Discus and support no audio output or sound card showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The computer after sleep mode when activated will result in occasional disappearance of the sound card. Will always need to restart the computer to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RudyQuiason, Aug 3, 2021.

1. no audio output or sound card showing

The computer after sleep mode when activated will result in occasional disappearance of the sound card. Will always need to restart the computer to get back the sound card.

:)

RudyQuiason, Aug 3, 2021

2. audio output device

My surface pro seven suddenly does not have sound. It says there is no audio output driver. I talked to someone at microsoft and they had me uninstall and reinstall updates. I cannot reinstall an audio driver because the device manager list of devices does
    not even show sound as an option anymore. The rep I talked to finally said he had no more suggestions.

I am not sure how to fix this or why it happened.

RuthBellamy2, Aug 3, 2021
  3. How to select PCM stereo output for digital audio S/PDIF jack?

Hi,

The settings for your audio could be managed in a few ways, like through the Control Panel's default program or the program installed along the sound card drivers. That being said, since what you are using is not the default audio output, we suggest that
    you update the sound card driver by checking the manufacturer's website. In the event that what you have already installed is the latest driver for your sound card, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your sound card to provide you necessary steps on
    how to change your audio into PCM.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Darleen Pen, Aug 3, 2021
  4. no audio output or sound card showing

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

no audio output or sound card showing

1. no audio output or sound card showing - Similar Threads - audio output sound

2. sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is...: sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is installed'screenshot attached. How to rectify this error? Thank you....
  3. sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is...: sound was not functioning in Windows, error message showing 'no output audio device is installed'screenshot attached. How to rectify this error? Thank you....
  4. Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output: Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output. I checked sound settings it only shows my laptop speakers. I checked if have deactivated devices doesn't show anything,but it recognises capture card as input sound. The problem is only in output...
  5. Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output: Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output. I checked sound settings it only shows my laptop speakers. I checked if have deactivated devices doesn't show anything,but it recognises capture card as input sound. The problem is only in output...
  6. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  7. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  8. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

9. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  10. only static sound in audio output

only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...