Windows 10: No Audio Output

Discus and support No Audio Output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pldm12, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

1. pldm12 Win User

No Audio Output

After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed".

:)

2. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM
  3. Virfranz Man Win User
    No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

4. Desiree Yau Win User

No Audio Output

How can i install audio output device on my computer?

Hi,

There are several ways that you can do to install audio output on your computer. However, before we proceed, we would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when installing audio output? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • May we know if you are experiencing any issues installing audio output? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Thema:

No Audio Output

1. No Audio Output - Similar Threads - Audio Output

2. Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio suddenly stopped working, "no audio output device is installed", help!: After I closed my laptop and put it into sleep mode and opened it again, there was no audio so I checked the corner of my screen and it has a red cross over the audio sign with the message "no audio output device is installed". I went on my device managers and saw this:...
  3. Missing Audio Output on Windows 10

Missing Audio Output on Windows 10: I had updated my Windows to IDK what version but suddenly the volume tab showed "No audio output device installed". I tried uninstalling drivers but it didn't work. I saw the solution on few questions but I don't even have the SST driver. Then I tried fresh install of Windows...
  4. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio output device is installed: I have an HP white 15.6 notebook brand new with windows 10. After updates the next moening aueio did not work. I tried system restore and it feoze fir theee dadays finally got it back on but still no audio....
  5. "No-Audio-Output-Device-installed

"No-Audio-Output-Device-installed: after windows update October 10 I don't have speakers anymore! "No-Audio_Output-Device-installed". What can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-installed/b569d37c-f479-4428-882d-38db25cc0cfe
  6. 'No audio output device installed' October 2018 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'No audio output device installed' October 2018 update issue: Has Microsoft provided a solution to reinstall the audio output device, an issue created by its October 2018 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-installed-october-2018/7192d131-0040-4a3e-b6c3-eb06c05e8efb
  7. my audio device is howing error as no audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my audio device is howing error as no audio output device is installed: what can I do last 2 days my new laptop HP i5 8th generation is showing error in the speaker icon and no audio or video has sounds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-is-howing-error-as-no-audio-output/424c5a35-d177-4c5d-86d3-eaf581c2c2da
  8. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed: I have looked at the community and the fixes I have seen has not helped. Under the device for Sound - games, etc. is no longer installed as well as the audio near the top of the device manager. I have done the trouble shoot and rebooted without any luck. I have also...
  9. No audio output device is installed windows 10

No audio output device is installed windows 10: I have tried the trouble shooter to no avail. I have gone into device manager updated drivers - the Intel ??? is installed. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-windows-10/42bf37c4-c118-4307-a85b-a55075f51018
  10. A way to solve "No audio device output" problem!

A way to solve "No audio device output" problem!: I just found a way to solve this problem when the troubleshooting fails. In order to use my method your audio device must be disconnected with your driver, or when you update driver on the device and it returns with null/nill and no found updates. To do this you must manually...