Windows 10: No Audio Output

Discus and support No Audio Output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pldm12, Oct 11, 2018.

1. pldm12 Win User

No Audio Output

After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed".

:)

pldm12, Oct 11, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 11, 2018
  3. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 11, 2018
  4. No Audio Output

How can i install audio output device on my computer?

Hi,

There are several ways that you can do to install audio output on your computer. However, before we proceed, we would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when installing audio output? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • May we know if you are experiencing any issues installing audio output? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Desiree Yau, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

No Audio Output

1. No Audio Output - Similar Threads - Audio Output

2. No audio output device installed on tablet after updating to latest windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output device installed on tablet after updating to latest windows 10 version 1903: I updated my tablet with latest windows 10 version 1903 and now it says there is no audio output device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-installed-on-tablet-after/29c0b5ce-7b43-424d-be3b-5191caefc7ac
  3. HP Realtek High Definition Audio Device output reduced since i upgraded to W10 on Sony Vaio.

HP Realtek High Definition Audio Device output reduced since i upgraded to W10 on Sony Vaio.: I have a Sony Vaio laptop. I upgraded to W10 when it was available. Since then, my audio device has malfunctioned. Its output has reduced drastically. I have to set volume level at 100 to get audible sound. Earlier, sound level at 20-30 was enough to listen to music and...
  4. Can you choose audio output per app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you choose audio output per app?: Is it possible to have one specific store (example mytube) app play audio through, say for example, headphones, but the rest of the pc apps/system sounds play through speakers?...
  5. Second monitor's audio output does not appear properly when using extended desktop

Second monitor's audio output does not appear properly when using extended desktop: I have posted about this issue previously but it's been a while and the thread became locked; I am creating a new one as I finally remembered to get a clip of the issue after encountering it (see below). I have yet to determine exactly what causes the issue, all I know is...
  6. Audio output device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio output device problem: I have my audio output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or on restart the computer, the output resets to the computer's audio device. I have to reset it in Bluetooth and other device settings. How can I stop this? Is...
  7. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I just had this problem the day before yesterday, my device is Surface pro i5 model 1796, and the driver of Intel Smart Sound Technology is 9.21.0.3755. I've tried the following methods, none of them worked: 1. In device manager, "Intel Smart Sound Technology" -> "update...
  8. No Audio Output Device isinstalled

No Audio Output Device isinstalled: When I updated Feature update to "Windows 1809", the sound driver could not be used; I also tried to reload the latest drive on the official website and still can't use it. Special to ask for your assistance. [ATTACH] Prompt diagram that appears after the update...
  9. Audio Issue - No audio output device installed

Audio Issue - No audio output device installed: no audio output device installed....how do I fix this problem ***Original Title: audio*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-no-audio-output-device-installed/657a94d7-1778-48d7-a009-769b5bbd7808
  10. Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Galaxy Book 12 - no output devices found (audio): I had my Galaxy Book 12 connected to my TV via USB C to HDMI port. I was changing the display settings to duplicate screens. Audio worked great all day before this change, but as soon as I changed the display settings to duplicate, no output/input devices found happened. No...