Windows 10: no audio output

Discus and support no audio output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has a red x on the speaker in the lower right hand corner of the screen. When I try to get it off it tells me that there is NO AUDIO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OnaDodson, Nov 28, 2020.

1. OnaDodson Win User

no audio output

My computer has a red x on the speaker in the lower right hand corner of the screen. When I try to get it off it tells me that there is NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED. I have no sound so I can't use zoom. What can I do about this? I have tried everything including a restore to no avail.

:)

OnaDodson, Nov 28, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 28, 2020
  3. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Nov 28, 2020
  4. no audio output

audio output device

My surface pro seven suddenly does not have sound. It says there is no audio output driver. I talked to someone at microsoft and they had me uninstall and reinstall updates. I cannot reinstall an audio driver because the device manager list of devices does
    not even show sound as an option anymore. The rep I talked to finally said he had no more suggestions.

I am not sure how to fix this or why it happened.

RuthBellamy2, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

no audio output

1. no audio output - Similar Threads - audio output

2. Is it possible to have latency-free Line In audio with a Bluetooth output device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have latency-free Line In audio with a Bluetooth output device?: To my understanding, there are two ways to run audio through the PC's blue Line In port: Listen to the device under its properties in the recording tab of sound control panel Increase its level volume under the output device's properties The first method creates latency,...
  3. Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround

Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround: I have a soundbar that is connected via an optical cable, and a subwoofer that is connected via aux, and I want them to work in unison. Ive looked into doing this before but didn't really find anything, if someone could point me to the right menus or link a tutorial would be...
  4. Reinstall Sound drivers when 'no audio output device is installed' solved - if you have dell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall Sound drivers when 'no audio output device is installed' solved - if you have dell: So I logged onto my PC in the morning and noticed my sound with the error 'no audio output device installed' so I looked it up and after a few simple steps I uninstalled the sound, video and games controllers being told that they would reinstall automatically but they didn't...
  5. Audio input and output device uninstalled upon restart.

Audio input and output device uninstalled upon restart.: Current OS Version : Microsoft Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 20226.1000) So after a recent windows update the sound driver in my Windows 10 got automatically uninstalled. And while attempting to make changes by adding a legacy hardware the OS crashed leading to a restart...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output: Hello! I have seen this problem multiple times in the Microsoft communities, but not yet with a resolution. I also haven't seen it with my computer, namely an LG gram 14 also with Windows 10 Home. My Bluetooth Headphones pair easily, and immediately show up as "paired."...
  7. Make audio output mono

Make audio output mono: [ATTACH] How do I make it so that the audio output is mono? https://preview.redd.it/bwmy6couaq961.png?width=242&format=png&auto=webp&s=9af7afeb2da85abe6a1eaa038603f8e7926f984e submitted by /u/36_foxtrot [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio output: Hi! So I have a laptop and a dell monitor that I hook up to that laptop for a larger screen. I was always able to switch between the laptop speakers and the monitor speakers in sound settings. However, one day I unplugged my headphones from my laptop and tried to switch the...
  9. New pc build won’t output audio

New pc build won’t output audio: Recently built my first pc. When I went to play a YouTube video, no sound was emitted. I checked my output options, which were Realtek audio and my monitor speakers. Neither of them worked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, I even tried downloading the...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed and error code in the windows updater 0x80080005

No Audio Output Device is installed and error code in the windows updater 0x80080005: It gives me No Audio Output Device is installed and an error code in the windows updater 0x80080005 even when all my devices are connected to my pc...