Windows 10: No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Discus and support No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 I'm having some weird issues at the moment. I turn on my PC and realize there's no audio. At all. I was working just fine yesterday, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethan Loane, Apr 5, 2020.

1. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Windows 10

I'm having some weird issues at the moment.

I turn on my PC and realize there's no audio. At all.

I was working just fine yesterday, and I didn't do anything abnormal or change any apps or settings between then and now. As stated literally no audio will play from any media player. Spotify says it cant play anything at the moment, Windows media player 'Groove' says there's an error playing the song, YouTube doesn't produce any sound, and even the test tone in the device manager produces an error message when I try it!

Weirder still, when my Corsair headset is plugged in, playlists in Spotify and Groove will skip to the next song instantly still with no audio over and over until the entire playlist has been skipped.

I have updated drivers, I've made sure the hardware is set up right, I've double-checked and reset audio levels and device defaults, and the only thing that's even hinted at possibly being an issue is audio enhancements which produced a message saying they were posing a problem, but on or off the problem of no audio persists.

This issue literally came out of nowhere and I have no clue why or what's causing it.

Please help ASAP! I need to finish my online classes!

:)

Ethan Loane, Apr 5, 2020

2. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Hi there Ethan, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest is to completely remove all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

Make sure to tick the box to delete the driver when uninstalling it.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Please do this on all the drivers listed under Audio and then reboot.

FerdinandNanalig, May 25, 2020
  3. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

(Windows 10)

I'm having some weird issues at the moment.

I turn on my PC and realize there's no audio. At all.

I was working just fine yesterday, and I didn't do anything abnormal or change any apps or settings between then and now. As stated literally no audio will play from any media player. Spotify says it cant play anything at the moment, Windows media player
    'Groove' says there's an error playing the song, YouTube doesn't produce any sound, and even the test tone in the device manager produces an error message when I try it!

Weirder still, when my Corsair headset is plugged in, playlists in Spotify and Groove will skip to the next song instantly (still with no audio) over and over until the entire playlist has been skipped.

I have updated drivers, I've made sure the hardware is set up right, I've double-checked and reset audio levels and device defaults, and the only thing that's even hinted at possibly being an issue is audio enhancements (which produced a message saying they
    were posing a problem), but on or off the problem of no audio persists.

This issue literally came out of nowhere and I have no clue why or what's causing it.

Please help ASAP! I need to finish my online classes!

EDIT:

After about an hour of troubleshooting and just looking around, my headphones don't even show up as a device in the device manager window anymore! I didn't even change anything then I come back and they just disappear! What is happening!?!?

Ethan Loane, May 25, 2020
  4. bushpig Win User

No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

playlist tracks do not finish playing and skip to next track

LG windows phone LG-E900

OS version 7.10.8773.98

When I play a playlist the longer tracks do not complete and it skips to next track.

If I play individual tracks they complete.

bushpig, May 25, 2020
Thema:

No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

1. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely. - Similar Threads - audio plays playlists

2. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  3. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  4. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  5. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  6. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  7. audio playing through mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  8. All audio playing through mic

All audio playing through mic: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My...
  9. Audio skipping on all browsers

Audio skipping on all browsers: I tried using different browsers such as Chrome and Edge, however every browser that I use seems to have audio skipping on Twitch and YouTube streaming websites. I reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements, and as mentioned earlier, switched browsers as well. All...
  10. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...