Windows 10: No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user

Discus and support No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Got no working audio in Windows 10. Red X/no input/output devices found All the Audio device drivers are operational in Device Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndreiMoutchkine, Jan 10, 2021.

1. No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user

Hi,

Got no working audio in Windows 10. Red X/no input/output devices found All the Audio device drivers are operational in Device Manager.

Switching the Windows Audio service and related "endpoint" service" to Local System Log On gives an appearance of a fix input devices found and produce volume sliders but nothing happens in reality. Switching back to Local Service login returns the Red X/no device state.

This is how I know it is not a driver issue

1 all input and output audio devices are affected at once

2 adding a known good external USB audio device produces the same effect - device shows as working in Device Manager, but not really.

Now, the user in question is the only user in my Azure AD joined domain. The only notable thing that changed between reboots is me removing my experimental "Azure AD DS managed domain, because I couldn't afford it. An Azure hosted domain controller. So, my Azure AD subscription went back to plain Jane free subscription variety. The joined Azure domain has always been basic myemail.onmicrosoft.com though. So, I think my user got downgraded from a nascent domain administrator in such a way that he lost access to local audio somehow? Never actually got the domain administrator to work, so I don't really know. It seems to be a feature targeted at Windows server and I've got a regular 10 Pro.

Thanks, Andrei

:)

AndreiMoutchkine, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Dino-M Win User

Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Mr Davo Win User
    Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

Hi All,

I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'!

I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain.

Where should I be looking for configuration, where it comes to Azure AD automatic joining?

My thoughts are PowerShell DST! But that is just a rumour.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Regards,

Davo

Mr Davo, Jan 10, 2021
  4. No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user

Joining Windows 10 to Office365/azure

Hi Lan,

Based on your description, we understand that you want to join Azure AD from a local admin. You may refer to this article

AzureAD Domain Join – Add user to local adminstrator group.

In addition, we suggest you post the question in
    Azure forum
    for dedicated assistance. This is the specific channel that handles Azure related questions and issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Tina

Tina Chen MSFT, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user

1. No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user - Similar Threads - audio red Azure

2. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  3. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  4. How to change User Type while joining system to Azure AD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change User Type while joining system to Azure AD.: Hi Team, We are trying to join a system to Azure AD and we are facing an issue. Domain is getting joined and the device is reflecting in AD, there is no issue in the Azure part. But User Type is set to Administrator. Is there any way to change this to Standard User?Which will...
  5. How to change User Type while joining system to Azure AD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change User Type while joining system to Azure AD.: Hi Team, We are trying to join a system to Azure AD and we are facing an issue. Domain is getting joined and the device is reflecting in AD, there is no issue in the Azure part. But User Type is set to Administrator. Is there any way to change this to Standard User?Which will...
  6. Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login: All of our workstations are Azure AD joined when they are first set up. This usually means that any users can log into any device. These accounts are set up w/ Windows 10 Hello, which users are are required to set up a pin. A couple of these workstations seemed to have...
  7. RDP to Azure AD joined computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Azure AD joined computer: I am trying to connect to a remote computer that is Azure AD joined. Both the client and host computer are running Windows 10 version 1809. Currently I am connecting without NLA to be able to authentication myself, but I would like to connect with NLA. According to this...
  8. Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?: Hi All, I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'! I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain. Where should I be...
  9. Dis-Join Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dis-Join Azure AD: Hello - Setting up a new install of Windows 10, when I attempt to join our domain active directory I get the message Joined to Azure AD, choose disconnect your device first. Researched how and the option to disconnect is not there. One person who also reported this same issue...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD [img] Information First, a bit longer quote to explain Azure AD: Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides an easy way for businesses to manage identity and access, both in the cloud and on-premises. Your users can use the...