Windows 10: No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows

Discus and support No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Around 2 weeks ago I updated drivers and Windows itself and when it restarted, I noticed I had no audio. Ok, sure, has happened a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlexPatrion, Apr 6, 2021.

1. No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows

Hi everyone. Around 2 weeks ago I updated drivers and Windows itself and when it restarted, I noticed I had no audio. Ok, sure, has happened a couple of times and I can fix it. But not now.

In device manager, the Audio, games etc section doesn't show up, meaning there are no audio drivers installed. So I go and download drivers from the laptops support page. "Install" them, restart, but they don't show up. Go install legacy hardware and try to install every Realtek driver, every single one BSOD's and doesn't go through (no specific errors given from what I remember). Go and Install the Microsoft ones, every single one fails.

2 Clean installs of Windows later, nothing changes. (Didn't have a restore point because I don't have my extra hard drive with me, left it at Uni dorms and had to come home for lockdown).

The Internet suggests going into the Services, I notice I have no "Windows Audio" service. Perfect, lemme install! Install successful, but it isn't starting (Error 1068 I believe). I've done /scannow in CMD and everything goes through without a hitch. I've gone into the Registry but the videos I find don't go into the Audio ones so I don't know if there's anything or what to change there, I'm a hardware person, not software so I'm way out of the left-field on this one.

Bluetooth devices worked the first time I noticed I had no audio but had issues with that, haven't tried since reinstalling windows because I forget and I get upset at it not working after 15 minutes of nothing.

Currently in lockdown some stores are reopening but this is so specific that I don't really trust some random store that I don't know their expertise in such specific detail and big corporations would take months to "fix" my computer and send it back, plus the not so pretty fee when I'm at home trying to not fail University.

I'll try and provide details and images if asked, just remember I'm not amazing with specifics when it comes to software. I'll give Windows version when I get back to my laptop.

submitted by /u/AlexPatrion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlexPatrion, Apr 6, 2021
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

bsod 0x124 audio driver not starting, wont reinstall

Tried reverting drivers see if that helps? I don't personally think new GPU drivers would cause so many issues, could just well be a coincedence since installing the 13.2 beta drivers. Also check administrative tools> computer management> event viewer> Windows logs > System for any abnormal behaviour from services just before the BSOD.

There is also a BSOD viewer you can download that will give you a lot more info on a BSOD than Windows does.

NdMk2o1o, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 audio driver

If updating the driver didn't work, kindly follow the steps on how to uninstallyour audio driver:

• Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driverand select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Keep us updated.

Robelene Win, Apr 6, 2021
  4. No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows

1. No audio services, drivers BSOD when reinstalling after updating drivers and windows - Similar Threads - audio services drivers

2. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?: I reinstalled the audio driver from hp.But I didn't uninstalled the running driver.The same version.i reinstalled it for the audio controller app problem. Now it's OK. But the new driver installed to C:/SWSETUP My question is will the audio driver updates like...
  3. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?: I reinstalled the audio driver from hp.But I didn't uninstalled the running driver.The same version.i reinstalled it for the audio controller app problem. Now it's OK. But the new driver installed to C:/SWSETUP My question is will the audio driver updates like...
  4. I reinstalled audio driver. Will the audio driver updates are not comming to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  6. No Audio After Updating Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio After Updating Drivers: Hi! I've been digging through the forums to find a solution to why my audio isn't working. I've updated my drivers, I learned that my monitor would have sound but not my headphones. I've checked the cords and made sure that the headset itself works. I used a pair of Bluetooth...
  7. No Audio After Updating Drivers

8. Audio Driver not working after BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Driver not working after BSOD: I recently dropped my laptop and after the impact it showed a blue screem, "Your pc ran into a problem" . From that moment onwards i havent been able to hear any sound at all, i keep reinstalling the realtek drivers but they wont work,i need help , URGENT!...
  9. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  10. Windows 10 Audio Drivers disappear after reinstall

Windows 10 Audio Drivers disappear after reinstall: When Windows 10 is reinstalled Audio stops working. Running the Windows troubleshooter it reports it can't find any problems. Diving into device manager and finding the drivers , there is no rollback and they are not working. Doing a search for the drives reveals that...