Windows 10: No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install

Discus and support No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just did a clean install my windows 10 laptop, and now my audio icon and quite possibly a few other icons are missing. This is the first time I've done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sam_999, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Sam_999 Win User

No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install

Just did a clean install my windows 10 laptop, and now my audio icon and quite possibly a few other icons are missing. This is the first time I've done a clean install so I've probably done a few things wrong.

After I finished doing the clean install, I went to support.hp.com and installed two audio drivers because I wasn't sure which one to install and I also installed a single driver chipset which was the most updated out of the four possible driver chipsets.

So anyone know what I should do to get back my audio icon?

:)

Sam_999, Apr 23, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 23, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 23, 2020
  4. No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install

No audio after Windows 10 Clean Install

Thank you for confirming. To continue troubleshooting, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Device Manager and locate the audio driver.
    • Uninstall the driver and click the Scan for hardware changes icon.
    • This will install the proper driver needed for the audio.

We would also like to ask the build and version of your Windows 10 device so we can further investigate from our end.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install

1. No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install - Similar Threads - Audio Settings Icon

2. after clean install no audio detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after clean install no audio detected: After clean install on a new sata SSD, I am facing issue of no audio device detected. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, reset the PC, done everything but no use....
  3. After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system

After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system: After a clean install of Windows 10 on a new hard drive, everything is back up except the sound. I have no audio on the system, my speakers are working, I tested them on my phone. I ran the Troubleshooting on the device; results were "No speakers, headset or headphones are...
  4. Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10: I was using Open Broadcaster Software to live stream, and since my mic has always had issues with noise (cheap mic on headset), I decided to try out a plugin for OBS called Microphone DSP, which claimed it would remove noise in real time and had auto-gain features. It worked,...
  5. Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install

Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install: The desktop originally had Vista on it then I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and tried to update to Windows 10 but ran into some issues with updates. So I just did a clean install and everything is working flawlessly except for the sound and after a few updates it says its...
  6. Audio problems after clean reinstall

Audio problems after clean reinstall: Just did a clean reinstall of windows and have no audio. I'm showing a little red "X" on the audio icon at the lower right of the screen, and when I click on it, it Days "detecting problems" and then "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem." I also went to device...
  7. Clean Install after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  8. Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD?

Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD?: Greetings. After some troubble with a few games and settings, I installed windows 10 pro on a SSD. I then got this list, which I was told to use as my PC is mainly a gamer-PC. Can you recommend me to use this list complete, or is it "too much"? I really can't see why I...
  9. After a clean install

After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...
  10. clean install after rolback

clean install after rolback: I tried win 10 last year because of the free upgrade and didn't like it so I rolled back to win 7. now I would like to give win 10 another chance but I want to install as a dual boot config with win 7. I have already created the media and partitioned my hard drive. my...