Windows 10: no audio signal to aux speakers

Discus and support no audio signal to aux speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 with updated drivers stopped powering up my aux JBL speakers.I have connected them to the port on the left side of the laptop.This port will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomas115, Apr 22, 2021.

1. tomas115 Win User

no audio signal to aux speakers

Windows 10 with updated drivers stopped powering up my aux JBL speakers.I have connected them to the port on the left side of the laptop.This port will work for headphones.Have also checked that speakers are set to default setting.The laptop speakers work fine?

:)

tomas115, Apr 22, 2021

2. Sound differences between aux and bluetooth audio

(I have actually had a lot issues with sound quality with my new Dell XPS 15, leading me down endless self help articles and constant audio driver uninstalls and updates. However, this forum isn't for customer support, so I have a more general question.)

Anyways, I started using aux connection to my speaker recently because I could not stop the periodic crackling that my bluetooth connection created, but the aux connection seems to have elevated and distorted bass compared to the bluetooth connection. Note, I am not a staunch audio person; these differences are very noteable and have very negative effects on the quality. I am curious why I seem to have such different sounds coming from my speaker depending on whether I use a bluetooth connection or an aux cord. Even if they use a different medium for sending audio, they should be sending the exact same information to the speaker, right? Is it typical for bluetooth and aux to give different sounds? If I were to, for example, send the audio signal through a thunderbolt port with other data, could I expect another audio experience?

Benjamin Brownlee, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Aux input problems.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Which build of Windows 10 is running on your system? To check that, click on
      Start, type winver and press
      Enter.
    3. Was there any change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    4. Are you able to hear the audio through your external speakers?
    5. Do you receive any prompt or error message when you connect your external speakers into the auxiliary input?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article to

Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    , please refer the section ‘Set default device’ and check if it is useful to you.

Note: The steps are also applicable for connecting an audio device using Aux port.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. no audio signal to aux speakers - Similar Threads - audio signal aux

2. My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11: I have bought Gamma GT 419 speaker that has AUX, SD slot, and Bluetooth. I have tried on my mobile and the bluetooth connection is working fine however, when I am connecting AUX to PC windows 11, there is no sound getting out of my speaker.I believe there is something wrong...
  3. My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11: I have bought Gamma GT 419 speaker that has AUX, SD slot, and Bluetooth. I have tried on my mobile and the bluetooth connection is working fine however, when I am connecting AUX to PC windows 11, there is no sound getting out of my speaker.I believe there is something wrong...
  4. Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker: I am using a windows 11 home computer with a Digitech aux microphone. It is going via an adaptor to my HP envy x360 ed-0xxx. When I connect the microphone to the computer, it thinks that it is a speaker and therefore plays music out the microphone. I have tried it on...
  5. Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker

Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker: I am using a windows 11 home computer with a Digitech aux microphone. It is going via an adaptor to my HP envy x360 ed-0xxx. When I connect the microphone to the computer, it thinks that it is a speaker and therefore plays music out the microphone. I have tried it on...
  6. Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers: Hello,I just bought USB speakers no aux 3.5mm jack. Now the speakers that are plugged into the aux out won't work were working before. Can you have USB and aux out speakers working at the same time?Thanks,Gary...
  7. Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers

Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers: Hello,I just bought USB speakers no aux 3.5mm jack. Now the speakers that are plugged into the aux out won't work were working before. Can you have USB and aux out speakers working at the same time?Thanks,Gary...
  8. Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux: Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work. Please look into the problem both the aux are not working...
  10. Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.: Hello, since a few days I've been having this problem: my speakers (good studio monitor adam a5x speakers) sound all muffled and distorted with some kind of weird reverb.. I have tried almost everything; installing new drivers/deleting old sound drivers on my computer, I...