Windows 10: No audio since 20H2 update.

Discus and support No audio since 20H2 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heroxoot, Jan 6, 2021.

1. No audio since 20H2 update.

My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was fine preupdate when I was on 1903. I've tried the latest realtek driver and the one on my manufacturer website as well. Is there anything to fix this? The speakers function normally on another device so assumingly this is all driver issue.

submitted by /u/heroxoot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heroxoot, Jan 6, 2021
  2. CadErik Win User

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Jan 6, 2021
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Jan 6, 2021
  4. No audio since 20H2 update.

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works.

I see a hardware device listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" and I assume that is the audio. I have updated all drivers, especially the dock audio driver to no avail. I tried updating the
    laptop BIOS and drivers and saw no change. I have also verified that the dock firmware is up-to-date.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions?

I am running the 64-bit Intel version of Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise.

Hunter French, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

No audio since 20H2 update.

1. No audio since 20H2 update. - Similar Threads - audio since 20H2

2. Two issues since I updated to 20H2.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two issues since I updated to 20H2.: Several weeks ago, my laptop automatically updated from 1909 to 20H2 regardless of my will. Since it's updated, two issues happened. 1 Slow shutdown time It took around 15 sec to shut down before and takes more than a minute now. 2 Voice recorder not working When I...
  3. changes in ADO since 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changes in ADO since 20H2: Hi All, Sorry if this is a repost, I can't seem to find the original post nor a reply, so perhaps something went wrong with the post. I notice that the file msado15.dll is dated Jan 2021 but I cannot find any information about any updates to the ADO functionality in...
  4. Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update: I am running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 Since the 20H2 update every time I open Windows Mail App it ramps the fans up, but task manager displays 0% for all tabs When the app opens, emails will load but then freeze and this happens 90% of the time! If the mail...
  5. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Start up/Shutdown quirks since updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up/Shutdown quirks since updating to 20H2: I am pretty sure this all started happening after I updated to 20H2 Startup its not an actual problem relating directly to the startup process, thats fine. Its the startup tab on taskbar shows every process as not measured except for skype which is disabled. I know it works...
  7. smartscreen.exe hyperactive since update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    smartscreen.exe hyperactive since update to 20H2: ...and I noticed because it makes mylaptop vent harder. It runs for about 10 min after startup. I didnt not notice any other issues (drivers and such) after updating. Anyone has this issue too? submitted by /u/nope_on_wheels [link] [comments]...
  8. Since audio driver update, no audio output

Since audio driver update, no audio output: Windows 10 Home 1909 LG Gram 14Z990 I updated the Sound device drivers, and ever since that I have no audio output. Even external speakers are not working. Tried all of these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems [ATTACH]...
  9. Low Audio Since Update

Low Audio Since Update: I've noticed since the latest update my sound seem to be incredible low compared to before. I use headphones and used to be able to hear perfectly with volume at 20...now I have to turn it up to 70 to hear clearly. I've looked threw sound settings and can't figure what I can...
  10. Weak audio/sound since updating

Weak audio/sound since updating: I'm using a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop with windows 10 installed. 2 days ago, my windows installed updates automatically and I have not been able to hear audio on most videos clearly. Prior to this update, I would even lower the volume on most YT and facebook videos. Now, even the...