Windows 10: no audio to external speaker

Discus and support no audio to external speaker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crjones333, Nov 19, 2020.

1. no audio to external speaker

sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently.

:)

crjones333, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Nov 19, 2020
  3. BWalton Win User
    No audio on external speakers after last update

I gave that a try it did not seem to help, there seems to be 2 groupings for audio 1 up near the top of the list :

no audio to external speaker [​IMG]

and 1 down near the bottom

This is what it shows for audio

As I said the speakers work fine on the laptop just won't work on the line out to the external speakers

Thanks
    Bill

BWalton, Nov 19, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

no audio to external speaker

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

topgundcp, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

no audio to external speaker

1. no audio to external speaker - Similar Threads - audio external speaker

2. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  3. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  4. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  5. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  6. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  8. external speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  9. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...
  10. No audio on external speakers after last update

No audio on external speakers after last update: The system did an update on Sunday morning 07/02/03, since the update I have not been able to get the external speakers plugged into the line out to work, the speakers in the laptop work fine but as soon as I plug in the external speakers.....silence They do show audio on the...