Windows 10: No audio when playing games

Discus and support No audio when playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem where everytime i play games, no sound was coming. but the sound is alright for movie and music other than in games. i have updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muhashil, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Muhashil Win User

No audio when playing games

I have a problem where everytime i play games, no sound was coming. but the sound is alright for movie and music other than in games. i have updated the audio driver and windows, i have launched the troubleshooter too but still no audio when in game.

No audio when playing games de3594a7-9f7f-47cd-988f-ae7280604fb2?upload=true.png

No audio when playing games 18d2af6c-5ff1-4bb0-94c3-bf8793d75936?upload=true.png

No audio when playing games 2645b5a5-610b-481d-8650-ef78740cf50b?upload=true.png

:)

Muhashil, Oct 6, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Game Audio

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. Does the audio not play while playing the games?

2. If so, are there any settings within the game to adjust the volume of the game?

3. Is the issue specific only to these two games?

As you have tried updating the audio drivers, I would suggest you to try uninstalling the driver and have Windows automatically install the most compatible version of driver by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand sound, video and game controllers

4. Right click on the driver and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 6, 2018
  4. No audio when playing games

PC hangs when playing games and plays boken game audio in the background.

Hi Merskyl,

Thank you for replying back with the status of the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist only when playing games?
    • Do you face similar issues when you play videos using a video player?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes is effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

No audio when playing games

1. No audio when playing games - Similar Threads - audio playing games

2. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  3. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  4. PC restarts when playing games, audio drivers break

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts when playing games, audio drivers break: Over the past couple days I've been running into an issue where when playing games my pc will randomly restart. When it comes back on, the audio drivers break and my wired headphones are no longer detected. I have to reinstall my audio driver to fix it. I did that just now...
  5. PC restarts when playing games, audio drivers break

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts when playing games, audio drivers break: Over the past couple days I've been running into an issue where when playing games my pc will randomly restart. When it comes back on, the audio drivers break and my wired headphones are no longer detected. I have to reinstall my audio driver to fix it. I did that just now...
  6. PC restarts when playing games, audio drivers break

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Recorded Game Play Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded Game Play Audio: When I play back a game I recorded, towards the end of the video, the game play audio becomes shaky and distorted. It doesn't sound like that when I'm playing, only on the recording.I've tried the following:- Reconnecting my microphone- Getting a new microphone - Using...
  8. Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game: I am having trouble with my Bluetooth headphones whenever I try to play a game. When I first launch a game I have tried with multiple different games the audio for the game works just fine with no issues. However as soon as I click onto another application, be it by using alt...
  9. Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games: This is happening to me a lot in a game called Hell Let Loose. I’ve tried asking for help over there but have gotten no response. When there’s a lot of action going on the sound becomes so unbearable I have to take my headset off because it hurts my ears. It almost turns into...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...