Windows 10: No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar

Discus and support No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using windows game bar to record my voice while giving a PowerPoint presentation. If I replay the resultant mp4 in vlc media player, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DiPygmy, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DiPygmy Win User

No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar

I have been using windows game bar to record my voice while giving a PowerPoint presentation.

If I replay the resultant mp4 in vlc media player, it plays audio, but if I use another media program e.g. on a iPhone, there is no audio track.

Any suggestions to fix this or easy work arounds out there?

PS I am not particularly computer savvy...

:)

DiPygmy, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 17, 2020
  3. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

Think you for such a timely response, however the instruction you give are for disabling and disable the Gamebar and the ability to record with it. As stated, I want to use it for recording. It has the best recording features that i have found so far. (records
    game audio not system audio so that it does not capture other sounds including discord voice chat, the ability to use the xbox button on the game pad to record, save the last [set time] if i was not recording, and take screenshots). I only wish to fix the
    audio issue.

IsJustaGhost, Apr 17, 2020
  4. No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar

Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar

1. No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar - Similar Threads - audio replaying mp4

2. Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.: When I join a game, and press Win+Alt+R it says "Recording isn't working. Error: 0x82323619". Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-on-windows-10/67614606-5b07-49cf-abed-9aaba17da369
  3. Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all: I have read someone else's question having the exact same problem from back in 2021 on windows 10 here but I have tried what was suggested in the thread and had no success. looking at my recordings it seems like the problem started on December 19th 2022 because I have 2...
  4. Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all

Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all: I have read someone else's question having the exact same problem from back in 2021 on windows 10 here but I have tried what was suggested in the thread and had no success. looking at my recordings it seems like the problem started on December 19th 2022 because I have 2...
  5. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  6. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  7. Xbox gamebar when recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar when recording: Xbox gamebar when recording, the records are so bright but it's really not. How can I fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamebar-when-recording/d2a3fcbe-1d58-4b5e-8935-c797b7d8bae7
  8. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  9. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  10. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows game bar no audio