Windows 10: no audio when streaming to tv

Discus and support no audio when streaming to tv in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ok simple question.....lol seriously before i updated win10 i had absolutly no problems streaming of anything but i wentt to stream a movie from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidPersico, Nov 5, 2018.

1. no audio when streaming to tv

ok simple question.....lol seriously before i updated win10 i had absolutly no problems streaming of anything but i wentt to stream a movie from the laptop to tv and i now have no sound when streaming.......halpppp where do i start.....thanks guys

:)

DavidPersico, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

no streaming

Hi,

Windows 10 has an improved capability to stream on your devices through casting. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to cast a device using Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to a website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast, click the
      ellipsis button at the top right corner, and select Cast media to device.
    • Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your DLNA device (smart TV).
    • Make sure to turn on the Bluetooth on your smart TV. Click on the DLNA device (smart TV) you want to cast to.
    • Windows will now connect and cast to your DLNA device (smart TV).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Stream a DVD from PC to Smart TV

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your Patience.

Following are the points determined by the escalation team:

• The Windows 10 DVD Player app does not natively support media streaming by design.
    • The only way the DVD can be "streamed" wirelessly to a TV is through connecting the TV as a wireless display.
    • The only way this is possible is if the TV supports Miracast. If the TV is not Miracast-enabled, the user will not be able to stream DVD's.
    Mira cast is a streaming protocol that lets users mirror content from their Windows PCs/Mobiles to their TV screens.

If your TV is Miracast enabled, Please follow the below steps to cast a DVD to a Miracast-compatible TV:

1. Open the Action Center by clicking on the notification icon next to the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

2. Click on the Connect tile.

3. The computer will now search for Miracast-enabled displays.

4. If a Miracast-enabled device is in range, it will show up on the list, click to connect.

5. The computer should now be casting the screen to TV.

6. Open the Windows DVD Player app and load a DVD into the disk drive.

7. The app should now auto-recognize the DVD and it should begin playing.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 5, 2018
  4. no audio when streaming to tv

Xbox One Streaming to PC (Win 10), lost audio after a week of streaming

So I was streaming my Xbox to my Windows 10 PC and everything was going great. I cancel the stream on the PC went back into it right away on my PC and notice there was no audio.

Every time I try to stream now, there is no Audio coming when I stream. There volume is working properly on my PC, just get no audio when I stream to my PC.

It was working last weekend with no issues, I was able to complete an entire game with audio. I start a new game, was able to play it with audio, and the audio cut out throughout the entire Xbox app on my computer.

I tired some of the suggestions I found on other forums but no luck. Any suggestions to fix this issue? Anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks for any advise!

***UPDATE*** So I just check the xbox on my TV also and there is no audio. I didn't hit any setting that turned off the audio, but now I'm not getting any audio from Xbox or Streaming my Xbox.

GringoSuave, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

no audio when streaming to tv

1. no audio when streaming to tv - Similar Threads - audio streaming

2. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  3. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  4. Problem recording audio streams

Problem recording audio streams: I haven't encountered this problem on my older Toshiba machines running Win 10. I'm trying to get my Win 11 Dell to record streaming audio using Audiograbber, which has always worked well for me for at least a decade. I selected my sound card as input, start a stream playing,...
  5. Problem recording audio streams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem recording audio streams: I haven't encountered this problem on my older Toshiba machines running Win 10. I'm trying to get my Win 11 Dell to record streaming audio using Audiograbber, which has always worked well for me for at least a decade. I selected my sound card as input, start a stream playing,...
  6. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  7. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  8. Need assistance in streaming phone audio to my pc speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance in streaming phone audio to my pc speaker: I am using HP 15 dy3501tu laptop, which has windows 11 Home single language 22H2. I was trying to stream my android mobile audio to my laptop's speaker using an AUX cable. But I can't able to perform this, can you help me in this issue?...
  9. Need assistance in streaming phone audio to my pc speaker

Need assistance in streaming phone audio to my pc speaker: I am using HP 15 dy3501tu laptop, which has windows 11 Home single language 22H2. I was trying to stream my android mobile audio to my laptop's speaker using an AUX cable. But I can't able to perform this, can you help me in this issue?...
  10. Screensaver stops audio and streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver stops audio and streaming: Win 11 up to date, but not with optional KB5028254.Earlier versions of win 11 would be fine running VLC audio and youtube/streaming audio when screensaver came on. Now, since more recent updates unsure of which ones they both stop unless the screensaver is off. I have shut...