Windows 10: No audio will play without Groove Music

Discus and support No audio will play without Groove Music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No audio will play from the computer speakers from any application unless a track is also playing in Groove Music. One I start a track in groove music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnHerald, Jun 26, 2021.

1. No audio will play without Groove Music

No audio will play from the computer speakers from any application unless a track is also playing in Groove Music. One I start a track in groove music audio from any other application will suddenly play. Once the audio is going I can turn off groove music and the audio will continue. As long as some audio program is currently playing any other app will work from then on, so I am able to string one app after another if I wish. Once all audio stops, however, no audio will play until I activate a track in Groove Music again.This only happens over the computer speakers, If I have audio playing ove

:)

JohnHerald, Jun 26, 2021

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Josipa Win User
    Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jun 26, 2021
  4. vlad Win User

No audio will play without Groove Music

only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav.
    ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad )

how i fix this ?

i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Thema:

No audio will play without Groove Music

1. No audio will play without Groove Music - Similar Threads - audio play without

2. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  3. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  4. OGG files not playing in groove music

OGG files not playing in groove music: hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error code 0xc00d36c4 with a message saying the file type is unsupported even though it used to work beforeand yes i have checked...
  5. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  6. Groove Music audio cd

Groove Music audio cd: Почему Groove Music не видит audio cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-audio-cd/2b2e8673-1474-47e2-9f97-ea057be13686
  7. Audio volume on Groove Music

Audio volume on Groove Music: Is there some way to change the default volume from 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-on-groove-music/1f0c63c5-93e0-4128-bc1c-6833f5842b62
  8. Groove Music. Play All/Play Once

Groove Music. Play All/Play Once: How do I switch between these options? New to GM and it insists on playing all. Pop says "Play All" but no indication as to how to switch to play once. To the point and simple please; Thanks, Don...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music dont play audio: only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 12900