Windows 10: No audio with earphones on Windows 10 after update

Discus and support No audio with earphones on Windows 10 after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ladies and gents, I recently updated my Windows 10 and audio is no longer working from earphones. I tried with 2 different earphones but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ad1281, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ad1281 Win User

No audio with earphones on Windows 10 after update

Hi ladies and gents,

I recently updated my Windows 10 and audio is no longer working from earphones. I tried with 2 different earphones but the problem still remained so it is an issue with the software I believe. I tried troubleshooting using the "Troubleshoot sound problems" feature and it partially solves it but then reverts back to the problem. The first time the troubleshooter runs, I can't hear any sound via my earphones. However, after I click "I didn't hear anything", it continues to try and resolve the problem and then the sound starts working briefly. I can hear sounds perfectly through my earphones and the test tone for a minute or so but then Windows asks me to restart my laptop to set up "Realtek high definition audio". Once it asks me to do this, the sound stops working again and doesn't work even after restarting. I think the problem is with this "Realtek high definition audio" driver, and I'm wondering if there's a way to remove this completely and just use a normal Windows audio driver? I do not know what Windows is doing during the brief moment where my sound works but I think it is possibly using its default driver while trying to reinstall the Realtek driver. Also, my "HP support assistant" program has flagged the sound issue but it can't solve it. It simply says the earphones are not connected. I'd be glad if someone could help me solve this and get my sound working on my earphones again.

Thank you,

Ad

:)

Ad1281, Oct 11, 2018

2. audio not received by earphones

Hi,

This issue could be due to device drivers that needs to be updated. To provide you with appropriate troubleshooting, please provide the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    • Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    • Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    • How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    • When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Oct 11, 2018
  3. audio not received by earphones

thank you, here are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    No

• Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    No, i just bought it yesterday.

• Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    no, but it works in my smartphone

• How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    wired.

• When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?
    yes, nothing goes through the earphones though.

No audio with earphones on Windows 10 after update :(

TanjimaRahman, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio with earphones on Windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - audio earphones update

2. Problem with earphone audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with earphone audio: my earphones chow connected in bluetooth but arent available as devices in audio or microphone, all settings are at default i have changed nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-earphone-audio/ed18d5fb-02c0-42eb-b44f-c995f5ca2c7a
  3. Problem with earphone audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with earphone audio: my earphones chow connected in bluetooth but arent available as devices in audio or microphone, all settings are at default i have changed nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-earphone-audio/ed18d5fb-02c0-42eb-b44f-c995f5ca2c7a
  4. Windows 10 laptop stopped detecting earphones after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop stopped detecting earphones after updates: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. About a month ago I started using a simple set of wired earbuds in the headphone jack, and they worked fine. But after an auto-update-and-reboot a few days ago, the laptop no longer detects my earphones when I plug them in. They work...
  5. No audio after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No audio after windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my windows 10 was updated and my audio hasn't worked since. My soundcard shows up in device manager, says it is working properly, but no audio. Audio worked fine before the update....
  6. No Audio after Windows 10 update

No Audio after Windows 10 update: Split from this thread. I've just updated with the latest Win10 update and have no sound. Audio was working fine before update. I ran the MS diagnostic procedure where they send tones and ask if you have received them and no success. Can you help me please? Cheers...
  7. Earphones not working after windows update

Earphones not working after windows update: I am having issues with my earphone after windows update. After the windows update, my earphone cannot seem to work when I plug-in when the windows is already up and running. However, if I plug-in before turning on my PC, it works, but once I plug out the earphone, and when I...
  8. Bluetooth Earphones not connecting after latest update

Bluetooth Earphones not connecting after latest update: I have a samsung level active bluetooth earphones which was working completely fine. But after the latest windows 10 update, it fails to recognize my earphones(which by the way is working completely fine with other devices)....
  9. Audio on head/earphones not working on windows 10

Audio on head/earphones not working on windows 10: Hello, The audio through peripherals on my laptop has stopped working, though the speakers work perfectly fine. When I plug into my audio jack it then prompts me to select which device I plugged in, the speakers then stop working but there is no sound through my...
  10. Audio- No audio coming through earphones

Audio- No audio coming through earphones: I have recently built a PC and have installed the Realtek audio driver, but when I plug in earphones no audio comes out. I have checked the "disable front panel jack detection" box yet they still don't work. The earphones are detected in the sound control panel and are set...