Windows 10: No Audio

Discus and support No Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following a necessary reset of Win 10 I have no audio at all. When going to IDT High Definition Audio codec in device Manager and initialising... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by etranger85, Mar 6, 2016.

1. No Audio

Following a necessary reset of Win 10 I have no audio at all. When going to IDT High Definition Audio codec in device Manager and initialising reinstall Driver, the driver is found but installation has failed because "a device attached to the system is not functioning". What device? Can anyone help please?

:)

etranger85, Mar 6, 2016

2. No Sound on Windows 10.

how do I fix

no volume or audio, Mar 6, 2016
  3. No Sound on Windows 10.

no volume or audio, Mar 6, 2016
  4. No Audio

Have you tried letting Windows Update download and install the driver?

garydexter, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Yes, numerous times. It finds driver then the message appears 'cannot install, a device on your system is not functioning'.

etranger85, Mar 8, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Most likely a Windows OS problem since you "reset it" - whatever that was. Unfortunately a complete clean reinstall of the OS is probably what will be needed.

fireberd, Mar 8, 2016
  7. OK, thanks for that I had suspected this.
    But as I have no disc, it's an HP laptop originally on Win 8 I have a problem. I have been thinking of formatting the laptop and reinstalling Win 7 which I ran quite successfully under a shell on a previous pc.

etranger85, Mar 8, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

No Audio

Hi etranger85,
    You should still be able to preform a clean install without a disc. You just need to confirm that your current version was activated. (Control Panel > System). If so, then have a look at the below link.

No Audio [​IMG]

In essence you'll need to download an ISO image file and preform the clean install using that.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install

b1rd, Mar 9, 2016
  9. Thanks very much for that piece of advice - I'll try it

etranger85, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Audio

1. No Audio - Similar Threads - Audio

2. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio: HiI have window 10.When I press the WINDOWS + G buttons to recover my desktop, there is no sound recording from the computer, only what's being said on the headphone microphone externally. How do I record both the Display & Audio that's happening on the desktop?Thanks...
  3. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio: HiI have window 10.When I press the WINDOWS + G buttons to recover my desktop, there is no sound recording from the computer, only what's being said on the headphone microphone externally. How do I record both the Display & Audio that's happening on the desktop?Thanks...
  4. After pressing WINDOWS + G, there's no Desktop Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  6. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  7. Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.: I need help with fixing where audio input is coming from. I am using red A10 gaming headset and sometimes, my computer gets audio input from its internal microphone instead of the microphone on my headset....
  8. Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.

Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.: I need help with fixing where audio input is coming from. I am using red A10 gaming headset and sometimes, my computer gets audio input from its internal microphone instead of the microphone on my headset....
  9. Audio input coming from internal laptop instead of microphone in headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...