Windows 10: No Audio

Discus and support No Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following a necessary reset of Win 10 I have no audio at all. When going to IDT High Definition Audio codec in device Manager and initialising... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by etranger85, Mar 6, 2016.

1. No Audio

Following a necessary reset of Win 10 I have no audio at all. When going to IDT High Definition Audio codec in device Manager and initialising reinstall Driver, the driver is found but installation has failed because "a device attached to the system is not functioning". What device? Can anyone help please?

:)

etranger85, Mar 6, 2016

2. No Sound on Windows 10.

how do I fix

no volume or audio, Mar 6, 2016
  3. No Sound on Windows 10.

no volume or audio, Mar 6, 2016
  4. No Audio

Have you tried letting Windows Update download and install the driver?

garydexter, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Yes, numerous times. It finds driver then the message appears 'cannot install, a device on your system is not functioning'.

etranger85, Mar 8, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Most likely a Windows OS problem since you "reset it" - whatever that was. Unfortunately a complete clean reinstall of the OS is probably what will be needed.

fireberd, Mar 8, 2016
  7. OK, thanks for that I had suspected this.
    But as I have no disc, it's an HP laptop originally on Win 8 I have a problem. I have been thinking of formatting the laptop and reinstalling Win 7 which I ran quite successfully under a shell on a previous pc.

etranger85, Mar 8, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

No Audio

Hi etranger85,
    You should still be able to preform a clean install without a disc. You just need to confirm that your current version was activated. (Control Panel > System). If so, then have a look at the below link.

No Audio [​IMG]

In essence you'll need to download an ISO image file and preform the clean install using that.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install

b1rd, Mar 9, 2016
  9. Thanks very much for that piece of advice - I'll try it

etranger85, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Audio

1. No Audio - Similar Threads - Audio

2. External Display and Audio problem - Windows 10 Home 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Display and Audio problem - Windows 10 Home 1903: Good day all, I am having two issues with my laptop as stated below. Please note that these issues were not present when I previously used the laptop (3 days ago). I am using an ASUS Laptop X541UA running the following OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 1903...
  3. Win10 updates cause the audio device can't work!

Win10 updates cause the audio device can't work!: Hi: My audio device is realtek ALC892. System verison: 18362.418. I found the latest driver verison is R2.82 in the official website. I have installed it but it doesn't work. And I have tried other solutions such as using system bulit-in fix or any other solutions. But I...
  4. Realtek Audio Console Blank

Realtek Audio Console Blank: I have a new Alienware m17. This Realtek system has serious problems; namely when I open the Realtek Audio Console, I am met with a blank screen. The only 2 settings are Device Advanced Settings and Information. My wife's computer an Alienware m15 works fine. I can see the...
  5. Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed

Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed: The bluetooth audio in Windows 10 is muted after I press the Pause button (on my keyboard) to pause music (in Spotify). In many cases I do this to pause the music so that I can watch a video on youtube. Is there a way to make sure that only the music is paused and that the...
  6. Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio: For a couple months now, I've been having issues connecting my Bluetooth devices to my PC. Both devices work perfectly when paired with my phone or TV, but when connected to my laptop, both will show as voice connected, but one plays audio with horrendous quality, while the...
  7. Audio Interrupt - Windows 10 with Studio One and Behringer USB interface

Audio Interrupt - Windows 10 with Studio One and Behringer USB interface: I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10, installed my studio software (Presonus Studio 1 Artist) and added a new USB interface (Behringer UMC22) using standard Windows USB Audio driver. I now encounter numerous times per hour a hard audio interrupt for whatever is...
  8. Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install

Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install: My PC has been missing audio drivers for a while, but I didn't care because I just used an Audiobox USB. Headphones work fine but when I try to connect a microphone to my Audiobox it will not read. Clearly because of the lack of audio drivers. There is no Realtek audio...
  9. KB 4515384 Has messed my audio up in games and i cannot uninstall it!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB 4515384 Has messed my audio up in games and i cannot uninstall it!: Right you've already admitted that this update messes audio up in some games which is affecting me yet you say this has been fixed in KB 4517211 so why have i not got an update for KB 4517211 i've even tried to install it manually it saying not supported ??? see screenshot,...
  10. No Audio Output Device

No Audio Output Device: This device cannot start. (Code 10) Configuration mismatch (production/engineering). I found this Code 10 and was wondering if this is causing my no sound issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/fa6ed6b2-cac2-46a5-8731-35e9cba8e6aa