Windows 10: No auto update of Office 365

Discus and support No auto update of Office 365 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have updates set to "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" but it is not updating Office 365. I have to manually do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fireberd, Oct 13, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

No auto update of Office 365

I have updates set to "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" but it is not updating Office 365. I have to manually do the updates??

:)

fireberd, Oct 13, 2016

2. Office XP Service Pack 3 Update - Problem

Hello;

I have Win 10 & Office 365 - but the automatic update (for "Other Microsoft Products") wants to try and download a non-existent update file : "Office XP Service Pack 3"

Is there any way to set the Win 10 auto-update to ignore this update? Or, failing that, to fool the system into believing it has that update?

Thanks,

Deb

SER Corporation, Oct 13, 2016
  3. Can't sync settings

Do I ever have Office 365 Personal connected to my Microsoft account! I found out the hard way I have to wait until Jan. 27, 2018 to use my second of two Office 365 Personal key cards since my subscription can't auto-renew more than five years in the future!

thomasseymour18901, Oct 13, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    That doesn't explain why its not included in "other Microsoft products" in the updates.
    (Just being hard headed).

I used to have Office Professional 2003. Updates for that (even long after it was obsolete) were included in Windows updates.

fireberd, Oct 14, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Read EdTittle's MS link. Updates to 365 are done at the server level, just like Win10 Updates that download and install in the background. If you want to know your version, open any Office app, Click File/Account. Under Product Info, your version number is listed. In the same box is a drop down menu for Update Options. Here, you can force an update or repair but it's best to let Office 365 take care of it on it's own on a rolling basis (meaning some users get it before others, like 10Anniv). I have Office 2016 Pro and like your 2003 and my prev 2010, updates are delivered thru Windows 10 Update so I can see where you can get confused. Hope this helps make things clearer.

mrgeek, Oct 14, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    I see, but don't understand why. If its a MS program (and Office 365 has the same versions as MS Office) why can't it be delivered like other MS products?

fireberd, Oct 14, 2016
  8. Wullail Win User

My guess is it's linked to the on-line only versions of 365 , to avoid having people using differing versions whether on-line only or PC side , it only checks the update servers for it when you run the apps and they log in on-line to check the licence.

It's also a good way for them to check you're running a valid licensed copy before sending you the updates.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No auto update of Office 365 - Similar Threads - auto update Office

2. Office 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 365: I downloaded a file but, when I try to open it I am directed to the Microsoft subscription page. I just purchased my subscription 8 months ago. or it ask me to choose how I want to open it but none of the options work....
  3. office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office 365: Does the Office 2019 upgrade on windows 10 machine remove the microsoft analysis services? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140\msolap.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/8847e567-fa73-49a8-a338-f749075de7a3
  4. Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365: I am very unhappy with 365 that I now have to pay for. When Windows 7 got dumped I bought a copy of Windows 10, downloaded it and could manage OK. I only use Outlook and Word. and Outlook is run by frontier.com Then Windows 10 blew up my computer, Microsoft Tech Support...
  5. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  6. office 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    office 365: i have purchased office personal and do not have a clue what to do with it or start it, you have taken payment and i can not find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/238d8691-2530-49d6-9233-1657530cc4a9"
  7. Updating microsoft office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Updating microsoft office 365: Hi All Just wondering after updating office 365,are you required to reboot the computer after updating.*Redface Cheers 149087
  8. Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365: Hi Is anyone else having an issue with Office 365 this morning? I logged in earlier all was OK, just turned the PC off and done a few things, when I turn on it is asking me to turn on my auto renewal.... [img] If I go to account options in Outlook [img] I...
  9. Office 365 ProPlus updates

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 ProPlus updates: Office 365 ProPlus delivers cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of our most valuable enterprise apps. Today, we’re making three important announcements related to ProPlus: changes to the Office 365 system requirements; improvements to the ProPlus update model,...
  10. February Office 365 updates

in Windows 10 News
    February Office 365 updates: February has been another busy month for releases across our Office clients on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. There are a number of exciting new capabilities in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, we released the first cumulative feature update since the initial...