Windows 10: No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919

Discus and support No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I installed update KB4462919 yesterday (10th November 2018). However, post-installation, whenever I start my laptop PC I do not connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smw007, Nov 11, 2018.

1. smw007 Win User

No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919

Hello,

I installed update KB4462919 yesterday (10th November 2018).

However, post-installation, whenever I start my laptop PC I do not connect to WiFi automatically and have to manually go and select it from a list.

Please could you help

Dell Inspiron 3000 series

I5 processor

Windows 10

thankyou

:)

smw007, Nov 11, 2018
  2. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Nov 11, 2018
  3. automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919 - Similar Threads - automatic connection WiFi

2. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  3. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  4. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  5. Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install: I have tried deleting the download update cache files and re downloading the update, I have reset windows update components, and I have tried downloading the standalone update installer but this update will not install. In Windows Update in the Settings app, it downloads...
  6. Windows Update will not install KB4462919

Windows Update will not install KB4462919: Windows Update downloaded KB4462919 about a week ago. The update history page says that it requires a restart to finish installing, though I have repeatedly restarted the system. I tried using the update troubleshooter, which said that it found and fixed some problems, but...
  7. KB4462919 Keeps Failing Install

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4462919 Keeps Failing Install: It's been trying and failing to install for over a week now. My LAN connection is yellow. I have Verizon Gigabit service but am consistently getting low speeds since this update tried and failed. I have swapped out Ethernet cables. No use. Is Microsoft going to fix...
  8. KB4462919 and KB41000347

KB4462919 and KB41000347: anyone experiencing problems with windows 10 update KB4462919 and KB41000347? Seems my daughter lost her directories in one of her drives! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4462919-and-kb41000347/ada2d0dc-4dbf-4d57-b954-a896e0b8a34a
  9. KB4462919 fails to install; KB4100347 is installed but indicated as no

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4462919 fails to install; KB4100347 is installed but indicated as no: Pls bear with me. After 5 weeks of attempting to fix "Couldn't Complete Updates Undoing Changes..." (win10 Pro, ver 1803, build 17134.165), including 8 hours with 3 different MS support staff, I come to this blog to see if a Win Repair in-place Upgrade would help. There were...
  10. KB4462919

KB4462919: Auto update has twice tried to install the 1809 update, and I've uninstalled it before the reboot, so I'm still running ver286. How do I stop it attempting another install? When will MS issue an amended (safe) version?...
Tags: