Windows 10: No Automatic Restore Points Created

Discus and support No Automatic Restore Points Created in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by HokieMan, Aug 28, 2015.

1. HokieMan Win User

No Automatic Restore Points Created

I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points without issue. I chatted with Microsoft support this morning and we ran the SFC /scannow tool as well as the DISM repair tool. Scan found no integrity issues and we don't know yet if the DISM tool actually repaired anything. At present, I am of the opinion that this is a bug with Win 10 but need to know if others have noted this behavior. Please check for automatic restore points in your System Restore tool and let me know if they are there so I can begin to narrow down this issue. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated!!!

:)

HokieMan, Aug 28, 2015

2. System Restore Points: No check points created.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel
    • Search for Recovery, and then select Recovery.
    • Click on Configure System Restore.
    • Check if Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.
    To configure Restore point manually kindly refer to the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 28, 2015
  3. System Restore Points: No check points created.

Does windows 10 make restore points on it's own. Have had windows 10 installed for a few days and when I checked for restore points, there were none. I make my own at this time. Sorry it did make one when I installed Classic View. I installed windows updates
    today, no restore points were made before they were installed.

So what settings are we missing to get system or other restore points in windows 10., are is this another problem Microsoft forgot to fix.

Original title: System Restore Points.

camper1935, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Mine are being created

No Automatic Restore Points Created [​IMG]

have you given it enough disk space?

No Automatic Restore Points Created [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  5. pat247 Win User
    I also have a clean install of Win 10. I don't use system restore so I turn it off as soon as the new OS boots up and did so with this install. I just noticed that it was on for my primary hard drive but off for a secondary drive and a automatic restore point had been created. I may have failed to click the apply button the first time so I turned it off again.

pat247, Aug 28, 2015
  6. From my understanding Windows 10 will automatically create a System Restore point if there is none earlier than seven days. So if five days past from a point you manually created, and a system update comes in, there will not be an auto created point since it's not longer than seven days. I thought mine wasn't working either when system updates came in as I would manually create one everyday, but I stopped that, and let a week go by, and now the last two updates that came in an auto point was created.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 28, 2015
  7. HokieMan Win User
    Bobby, Thanks so much for this useful information. First I had heard of this. It would have been nice if the Microsoft tech I chatted with this morning had known this. I will stop making manual restore points and see what happens over the course of the next week.
    Thanks again!!!

HokieMan, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Stevekir Win User

It seems that with the Creators update for Windows (available during April 2017) removes the ability to make a time shedule to make a Restore Point every day/week etc. I cannot see the rationale in that!

Stevekir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Automatic Restore Points Created - Similar Threads - Automatic Restore Points

2. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  3. needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically: 1Is it needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically?2CREATE INSTALLATION MEDIA -- using mediacreationtool_Windows11_22H2.exe --- for Windows 11 22H2 from PC A [choice for this PC A] and for Windows 11 22H2 from PC B [choice General]has created...
  4. needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically

needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically: 1Is it needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically?2CREATE INSTALLATION MEDIA -- using mediacreationtool_Windows11_22H2.exe --- for Windows 11 22H2 from PC A [choice for this PC A] and for Windows 11 22H2 from PC B [choice General]has created...
  5. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  6. Windows not creating restore points automatically

Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  7. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Create a restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a restore point.: Hi there! Does anyone know what the problem is! Attached are 2 images. Unfortunately, the text is in Swedish. With best regards, R. T [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-restore-point/5c93a9c2-7f27-4cad-916b-cc10e0a3abd7
  9. Automatic System Restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic System Restore points not being created: Did a Google search and did all the recommended fixes. Nothing. (Windows 10 Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039) 151119
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...