Windows 10: No available drive for restore system image

Discus and support No available drive for restore system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive crashed. I bought a new one, used a bootable USB to restore a system image and got the error message. I searched online and received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EliotK, Jan 4, 2020.

1. EliotK Win User

No available drive for restore system image

My hard drive crashed. I bought a new one, used a bootable USB to restore a system image and got the error message.

I searched online and received many options. Tried them all to no avail.

I reinstalled Win 10 Pro and tried to do it again. No luck.

What am I missing?

:)

EliotK, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 4, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Jan 4, 2020
  4. No available drive for restore system image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

No available drive for restore system image

1. No available drive for restore system image - Similar Threads - available drive restore

2. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  3. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  4. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  6. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  7. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  8. Restore System Image to new NVMe drive

Restore System Image to new NVMe drive: Subject about says it all. After I get my PC and Win 10 to recognize the new drive will a basic System Restore to the new drive succeed? Old SSD and new NVMe both about 500 gig. About 175 gig free on old SSD. Thanks, Terry...
  9. System Restore - Available Drives - Wrong Order

System Restore - Available Drives - Wrong Order: I have two physical hard dives in the system. In System Restore, under Available Drives, the drives are in the wrong order. Is there a way to fix it? [img] [img] 107655
  10. System Image not Restoring.

System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...