Windows 10: No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store

Discus and support No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two problems that I feel must be related. The first one seems to be a common problem that many people have encountered. There is a download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elliot Zeiler, Nov 22, 2019.

1. No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store

I have two problems that I feel must be related. The first one seems to be a common problem that many people have encountered. There is a download titled "No name available" which is unable to be removed, and I cannot get rid of. I have tried the solutions suggested in other cases and none seem to work. I have tried wsreset.exe, resetting the cache through powershell, updating my computer to build 1909, resetting the app through settings, and countless resets of my computer. Needless to say I am frustrated and all I want to do is play my game. Which brings us to my second problem, Outer Worlds will not launch from the windows store. I suspect that it requires an update but cannot because of the previous problem. But I have no way to tell if that actually is the problem. If anyone can give me a good solution (preferably not reinstalling windows, but if it comes to that I can) It would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Elliot Zeiler, Nov 22, 2019

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Nov 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store games won't open

Oh. And what is your suggestion if I cannot open Gears of War 4, a 40 gb game, cannot open Netflix, and none of the store applications???

reinstall these? it costs me 6 hours almost.

welcomerobots, Nov 22, 2019
  4. No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store

Microsoft Store wont open

i did these steps. and Windows Store Service isn't showing up on the list at all

BryanOstrander, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store

1. No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store - Similar Threads - available name game

2. Games wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games wont open: I have windows 10 , when i open a game from the store it opens and then closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-wont-open/e0775542-932a-40c1-81a5-39ef871bdb45
  3. Game wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game wont open: I recently bought Outer worlds and it worked fine for the first couple days. Then one day it suddenly decided to stop working and will not launch. Clicking launch will not launch the game, let alone do anything. There is no error message and it does not load for a second then...
  4. Microsoft Store wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store wont open: My computer recently crashed causing my pc to have my files erased which I didn't care to much about because its a new pc but now when I try to open microsoft store in the windows menu, it gets a black tint with a white bar under it. I cant download open it which means I cant...
  5. microsoft store wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store wont open: I recently got a galaxy book 2 and when I try to open the store it goes to the blue screen, and then just closes suddenly. I tried a few methods on how to fix it and so far none of them are working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  6. Games wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games wont open.: When I try to load up games like asphalt 9 legends or forza horizon 4 they load for 2 seconds then shut off.. Is this supposed to happen? PC specs: Intel i7-7900k @3.6GHz Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti RAM: 32gb C: drive: 1 terabyte ssd I seriously don't understand whats...
  7. Microsoft Store Wont Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Wont Open: Hey, my windows store won't open. When I click it, it shows the main screen (Blue with store logo) then it just crashes, no error report, nothing. I'm suspecting it was because of VPNs I have previously downloaded, but after deleting them all it still doesn't work. (Other...
  8. microsoft store app wont open

microsoft store app wont open: microsoft store apps does not open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/microsoft-store-app-wont-open/37c4d401-9659-4236-9516-c3492be66a8f
  9. beta store wont open

beta store wont open: Again as the title states; the beta store will not open in build 10147. Does anyone have any info on how to get the store to run?; because apparently in this build they did away with the green store app so there is only the beta one. 7278
  10. Windows Store Wont Open

Windows Store Wont Open: Hi, I cant seem to get my Windows store to open. My install is about a day old, and was a clean install. When I click the store icon I get a brief view of it loading and then it disappears. I've tried going to my app data and deleting the windows store files. I've gone...