Windows 10: No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

Discus and support No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It works on my phone perfect. But when my laptop is plugged in no bass. Its flat and plain sounding. Any one know how i can fix it 14170 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lclutchl, Aug 7, 2015.

1. lclutchl Win User

No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

It works on my phone perfect. But when my laptop is plugged in no bass. Its flat and plain sounding. Any one know how i can fix it

:)

lclutchl, Aug 7, 2015
  2. BrandonZA Win User

5.1 Digital Optical not working in Windows 10

How would you like me to prove it? After the big update from microsoft,
    the issue has been fixed.

"surround sound is working with Windows 10"

Surround sound has always worked on windows 10. SPDIF was the issue. Not "surround sound"

BrandonZA, Aug 7, 2015
  3. graceboy9 Win User
    Nokia Belle FP1 and Dolby Digital Plus!

Do you really want to say that you are hearing a true 5.1 surround sound with complete bass effect.or just a shadow of it.then it is great otherwise a thing to satisfy non purists

graceboy9, Aug 7, 2015
  4. lclutchl Win User

Can someone help please

lclutchl, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Simple Win User
    Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Simple Win User
    What computer do you have? may be it has its own drivers like HP with Beats Audio which makes a huge difference.

Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  7. lclutchl Win User
    I have an HP. My fix was to go to device manager. Go to sound video and game controller. high definition sound device. Right click properties go to driver tab then click on update driver, then the second one browse computer for driver software. Go to second option again stating let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click on high definition audio device not the idt audio codec. Install and enjoy

lclutchl, Aug 9, 2015
  8. demike Win User

It worked for me.
    Thank you so much.

demike, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Shane0 Win User
    Dude...
    Your a goddam genius thank you so much for answering this, i downloaded w10 on the day and had problems ever since. You did in one post what 3 windows tech advisors couldn't.

Literally just signed up to this to thank you, i dont where you are or how youre doing, but im sending you some positive ass vibes right now!!

Thanks you!!

Shane0, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Alanis Win User
    Same here! You don't realize how much this gave me a huge sigh of relief to hear my beautiful bass again! I also literally signed up to give praise to this answer and was frantically finding a solution to it. This was one of my main drawbacks to moving to Windows 10, and I am still considering moving back to Windows 7 after seeing all that 10 has to offer so far. The only thing I'm liking as of this post is the huge difference in the footprint that it leaves compared to 7 - less strenuous overall on my system.

Anyway, before I start to ramble on, thanks again for this wonderful solution and I hope other people will see this!

Alanis, Aug 23, 2015
  11. thank you ! you saved my ass

Windows10Game55, Aug 24, 2015
  12. worked well.. thanks...

roadfighter911, Sep 8, 2015
  13. MtfGenc Win User

i also signed up just to thank you and when i saw the others that did the same made me happy tbh. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU.

MtfGenc, Oct 25, 2015
  14. sweckform2, Nov 15, 2015
  15. pranay991 Win User
    I had trouble getting bass sound whenever I use to hear music from my laptop after updating windows 10 & your fix worked out so well for me, I was initially updating checking & updating Realtek high definition audio which was installed in my Dell laptop & therefore cudn't see any disable all enhancement option in sound device. A soon as i installed high definition audio device manually I cud see Disable all enhancement option right after that. I checked that option & was good to go. thank you so much. finally was abled to solve this issue after soo long.

pranay991, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

1. No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - bass surround sound

2. no surround sound after firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no surround sound after firmware update: I did a dumb thing and downloaded/updated some drivers that are available on the support page of my motherboard. Now my rear speakers and subwoofer don't work. I've looked up every trick there is and done all the ones which are still possible to do some settings windows seem...
  3. No bass after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bass after Windows 11 update: Hello,I am facing this weird issue since past 3-4 days which I think started after Windows update. Whenever I am playing any song on my PC using Youtube or Spotify I can not hear any bass. Neither on my speakers nor my headphones. I tried almost all the steps available on the...
  4. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound: I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor. I went ahead and got a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy RX) and new speakers (Logitech Z606) so I could have 5.1 surround sound. Well, I've had nothing...
  5. Flat sound/No bass Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flat sound/No bass Windows 10: Hey! Recently, I've been having trouble with my headphones.I hear little or no bass anymore and that's very annoying because I make a lot of music, for example on FL Studio.I already rebooted my pc and kept the files, but that didn't help.I also removed and reinstalled all...
  6. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound: Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue. Why is this not...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. Windows 10 surround sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 surround sound settings: I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the surround sound...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. No bass in surround

No bass in surround: My setup: Nvidia GTX 970 with one of the HDMI ports connected to my Sony STR-DH750 receiver. Running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The problem: Sound works but I have no base when setup in 5.1 speaker configuration. I have it with plain "surround" and stereo, but as...