Windows 10: No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

Discus and support No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; thank u so much, solve my bass problem, merry xmas Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lclutchl, Aug 7, 2015.

1. blackswan Win User

No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

thank u so much, solve my bass problem, merry xmas

blackswan, Dec 23, 2015
  2. eastman Win User

I had* a similar problem, though different. My problem was that my Asus desktop was pushing bass AND normal sound out of the front speakers, even with swap center with sub-woofer checked in the sound manager. Using "stereo" config it worked alright, but no surround with that. This problem kept giving headaches when listening to music (literally 0_0) because the bass was pounding out of the front. Used the update drivers thing in device manager (I'm an IT guy, I have no Idea why I didn't think of this myself, lol) and updated the Realtek HD Audio driver AND disable the Intel Display Audio Driver (which was trying to steal sound from my monitor's speakers and possibly one cause of the bass malfunction). I believe that the cause of this wasn't really the driver's fault, but actually the fact that before I set up surround sound, my sub-woofer was connected to the sub-woofer port on the back of my front speakers, so the driver assumed it was still there when I removed it. But since the sub was not there, bass came out alongside the front audio (yes, my sub was moved to the sub port on my sound-card). Now that the drivers have been reinstalled/updated, the audio works fine.

PS: Yes, my monitor has speakers, yes those speakers are routed for surround, but they are not the front speakers. They are the rear, I know my "surround" isn't "surround" but it works, and it sounds good regardless.

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  3. FMTraylor Win User
    I want to use this solution, but I get a message from Windows 10 saying that if I do it it will make my system unstable. Did you get this message and just do it anyway? I'm on Dell.

FMTraylor, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Jezperr Win User

Just like everyone else I created an account just to thank you. Saved my life xD

Jezperr, Mar 4, 2016
  5. drakukha Win User
    Thank you so much, i almost throw my laptop.

drakukha, Mar 29, 2016
  6. jsd512 Win User
    I too registered just to thank you! Thank You! My speakers work awesomely!!!

jsd512, Apr 23, 2016
  7. Freeq Win User
    I made an account just to thank you, after the upgrade I lost all bass and now it's back, thanks for the help!

Freeq, May 26, 2016
  8. No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

Worked on my Lenovo Ideapad Y510p. Thanks buddy!

treideca44, Jun 18, 2016
  9. Raven2099 Win User
    Windows 10 - Audio sounds tinny and hallow this started after I reformatted tried everything here
    but the issue persist and all drivers are up to date

Raven2099, Aug 19, 2016
  10. medo77774 Win User
    I made an account just to thank you , you r a f**** genius
    F*** Win 10 btw

medo77774, Nov 2, 2016
  11. Diogenese Win User
    I have an hp g7 2293nr. Why didnt it work for me? I dont have the "properties" option. 10 version 1607 (os build 14393.447)

Diogenese, Dec 2, 2016
  12. skabir92 Win User
    Thank you very much for your help. I've been having this problem for quite a while and this solution fixed it right away.

skabir92, Dec 12, 2016
  13. alaa137 Win User

I just signed up to say thank you to this guy @lclutchl. Your solution works! Thanks!

alaa137, Dec 28, 2016
  14. Egbert Win User

Egbert, Mar 20, 2017
  15. fx4nwoo Win User
    THANK YOU!! I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on here! *Smile

P.S. I also registered just to say thanks! *Cool

fx4nwoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - bass surround sound

2. no surround sound after firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no surround sound after firmware update: I did a dumb thing and downloaded/updated some drivers that are available on the support page of my motherboard. Now my rear speakers and subwoofer don't work. I've looked up every trick there is and done all the ones which are still possible to do some settings windows seem...
  3. No bass after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bass after Windows 11 update: Hello,I am facing this weird issue since past 3-4 days which I think started after Windows update. Whenever I am playing any song on my PC using Youtube or Spotify I can not hear any bass. Neither on my speakers nor my headphones. I tried almost all the steps available on the...
  4. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound: I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor. I went ahead and got a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy RX) and new speakers (Logitech Z606) so I could have 5.1 surround sound. Well, I've had nothing...
  5. Flat sound/No bass Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flat sound/No bass Windows 10: Hey! Recently, I've been having trouble with my headphones.I hear little or no bass anymore and that's very annoying because I make a lot of music, for example on FL Studio.I already rebooted my pc and kept the files, but that didn't help.I also removed and reinstalled all...
  6. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound: Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue. Why is this not...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. Windows 10 surround sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 surround sound settings: I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the surround sound...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. No bass in surround

No bass in surround: My setup: Nvidia GTX 970 with one of the HDMI ports connected to my Sony STR-DH750 receiver. Running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The problem: Sound works but I have no base when setup in 5.1 speaker configuration. I have it with plain "surround" and stereo, but as...