Windows 10: no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI...

Discus and support no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP 15 Pavilion with windows 10 home premium that I replaced the battery and now says no battery detected. I have updated the BIOS and done all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkipEldridge, Jan 28, 2019.

1. no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI...

I have a HP 15 Pavilion with windows 10 home premium that I replaced the battery and now says no battery detected. I have updated the BIOS and done all the steps according to HP.com of powering down and unplug power cord and disconnect batter and hold down power button for 15 seconds reinstall battery and turn on. Have updated drivers and done everything I have found online to correct this problem. Is anyone out there who knows how to fix this problem?????????????????

:)

SkipEldridge, Jan 28, 2019

2. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Battery not detected?

Lenovo Flex 2-15

I have tried:

• Restarting
    • Check for updates available for my drivers, including the BIOS and the Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery.
    • Run the command powercfg -energy, which found an error related to this: "Battery Capacity Unknown"

AndrésMartínez_whatever, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Akoops Win User

no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI...

No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title, and there seems to be issue after issue.

As mentioned in a previous thread, I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling. After updating my BIOS drivers, this fixed the problem.
    Now I have a new problem.

Since updating the BIOS drivers, I've noticed that my battery icon shows an 'x' on the battery and says 'no Battery Is Detected' on mouseover. If I turn the computer off, disconnect the AC and try and turn it on again, it wont turn on at all.

I have tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling the two drivers under Battery and then reinstalling them, but this hasn't worked. I have seen solutions online that involve removing the battery and then adding it back, but the laptop I have appears to have a non removable, built in battery.

I have also tried uninstalling the "Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" and "Mirosoft AC adaptor" drivers, then restarting the computer. This worked to redetect the battery, but ONLY until the next computer restart, when the problem resurfaced.

What other options are available to me?

Akoops, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI...

1. no battery detected even after install of new battery and BIOS update and update ACPI... - Similar Threads - battery detected install

2. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  3. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  4. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. microsoft acpi battery driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft acpi battery driver: it may be vague but i want to know whether i should update the acpi battery driver. the current provider is microsoft and the new provider SURFACE. if SURFACE is related/belongs to microsoft then maybe i can update?...
  6. Bios Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Battery: Win 10 pro 64bit Hi This post is indirectly linked to my post on Hardware updating. My thoughts on this were prompted by the battery on my current computer's motherboard running out of charge (yes it is quite old but still works pretty well). Changing the battery was...
  7. Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver: How do I fix submitted by /u/dudepi3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihw28o/battery_showing_unknown_remaining_even_after/
  8. Microsoft ACPI battery control

Microsoft ACPI battery control: This problem originally manifiested itself when battery status showed 55% and not charging. Dell site suggested update bios and enter user start date. Now got to 79 %. Disabling Microsoft ACPI battery control in device manager, settings battery now shows 100%. Re-enable and...
  9. Windows 10 Update- Battery Not Detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update- Battery Not Detected: I completed the Windows 10 update and restarted three times and my icon tray still shows the 'Battery Not Detected' icon. My machine powers off when unplugged and behaves as if the battery is not there. It was fully charged prior to the first restart after the update. HELP!...
  10. Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue

Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue: Hello I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It is 2 years old. It has been a smooth sailing experience for me while using it until the last few days. In the beginning of the problem, the battery would drop very quickly but would charge up as it normally would. A few days...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus 255% battery

2. my asus battery says its charged to 255%

3. no battery present after installing new battery

4. win 10 power prolem no battery only charges 255,
  5. no battery present after windows 10 update,
  6. no battery in bios after win 10 upgrade,
  7. 255% available charging lenovo,
  8. asus battery acpi,
  9. new windows install no battery,
  10. surface battery showing 255%,
  11. battery not detecting even after changed new,