Windows 10: no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

Discus and support no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gwenjones2, Jul 7, 2018.

1. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!

:)

gwenjones2, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Akoops Win User

No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

In fact I just disconnected it now and the battery icon changed to a battery icon, mosueover saying 'Unknown remaining'. If I click the battery icon it says 100% battery but also 'calculating'. So it IS able to run on battery in some respect.

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now [​IMG]

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now [​IMG]

Akoops, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Stark05 Win User

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

So I've had this laptop for about two years now, and I've noticed that the battery stopped charging. It used to do that thing where it shows "0%, plugged in, charging", but doesn't charge, which started about two months ago, but here in the last week, the battery is no longer detected at all. The battery light itself on the laptop is either steady green, or goes from "off, orange, green, off again", or flashes orange. But the biggest issue is that the moment either the A/C adapter is unplugged from the wall or laptop, it automatically shuts down. ***BEFORE YOU SUGGEST REMOVING THE BATTERY, THE ASUS X550Z DOES NOT HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY*** This is the first laptop I've ever owned where the battery, like an iPhone, is built into the bottom and inaccessible without cracking open the case. The simple fact that the battery went from "not charging at all" to "not being detected at all" makes me think the battery was slowly dying, and has now died altogether, especially since the laptop powers off the instant the charger is unplugged. But I wanted to ask a few forums and double check.

Sooooo....how screwed am I?Also, while I'm here, for those about to say that "hold the power button for x seconds" bit, is that whilst powering the laptop off? Or back on? Or does not matter since there's no battery charge whatsoever?Thanks in advance.

Stark05, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

1. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now - Similar Threads - battery detected laptop

2. Have had PC for a year now and changed the CPU for an upgrade, now It is saying I need to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have had PC for a year now and changed the CPU for an upgrade, now It is saying I need to...: Title pretty much says it all. I bought a PC a year ago and recently I upgraded the CPU. About a month ago and now all of a sudden I have the activate windows watermark. It is showing an error that says because I changed my CPU windows isn't activated anymore? Is there a way...
  3. My battery have x mark on lock screen and my laptop not detected my battery i have tried to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery have x mark on lock screen and my laptop not detected my battery i have tried to...: My battery have x mark on lock screen and windows 11 i not detected my battery i have tried to update driver and scan battery trouble shooting and it's not working please help me...
  4. My battery have x mark on lock screen and my laptop not detected my battery i have tried to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery have x mark on lock screen and my laptop not detected my battery i have tried to...: My battery have x mark on lock screen and windows 11 i not detected my battery i have tried to update driver and scan battery trouble shooting and it's not working please help me...
  5. i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...: Every time i load up a game my computer will freeze for a minute and then crash. I have clean wiped the computer and reset windows but the issue still keeps happening. There are many issues such as the Dwminit which is a warning, Kernal-power, and driverframworke-user-mode....
  6. My laptop had an update and now it does not recognize the original battery in the laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop had an update and now it does not recognize the original battery in the laptop...: I own a Lenovo Think Pad X230 and downloaded an update on 9/11 of .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for W10 Version 2004 for X64 KB4576478 prior to that the laptop recharged the battery without a problem. After the update I get pop ups telling me the battery is not an original...
  7. I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have had sound issues for over a year, help?: So my sound is so sporadic. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work on start up, but 10 minutes in it works. It's usually just a thing where if it is not working I can do some basic things to get it going again, like sliding the...
  8. Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?: Hello moderators, I used to have an account in the past, about 3-4 years ago, but I only had 1 or 2 posts and no warnings. I stopped using it when my issue with my PC was solved by a member on this site. This site has really helped me a lot with my PC. I no longer have...
  9. The battery of my laptop is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The battery of my laptop is not detected: The battery of my laptop ACER Aspire E 15 is not getting detected even after I installed a new battery. What could be the possible cause for this problem? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. Should i have had the Creators Update by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should i have had the Creators Update by now?: Just wondered, should i have had the creators update as i had the privacy thing pop up about a month ago and i checked the options what i wanted and clicked ok but nothing yet? Another computer in my household had the privacy thing come up a little while ago and once did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no battery detected on laptop