Windows 10: no battery detected

Discus and support no battery detected in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; so my hp laptop will not work/power on unless plugged into charger. when plugged in it says battery is 100% charged but when I scroll over the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lovellesolovely, Nov 30, 2019.

1. no battery detected

so my hp laptop will not work/power on unless plugged into charger. when plugged in it says battery is 100% charged but when I scroll over the battery it says no battery detected. ive tried trouble shoot, and rebooting ive looked in the battery settings for help with this issue, nothing related. HELP

:)

lovellesolovely, Nov 30, 2019

2. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Repeat the steps Dave suggest you other three times.

Also you can uninstall and reinstall battery from device manager before each charge. You can do that:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on your battery

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each element on battery list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 30, 2019
  4. PeterH12 Win User

no battery detected

No battery detected

My Dell E7440 laptop has suddenly started displaying 'No battery detected' in the task bar. I've tried the commonly suggested fix which is to remove battery and hold down power button for 15 seconds but to no avail, even after trying several times. I've
    borrowed a second battery (known to be good) from someone with identical laptop and still get 'no battery detected'. As the laptop works OK with the charger disconnected (ie off battery alone) then a battery must be detected or the laptop wouldn't boot! Both
    batteries are genuine Dell. I've also tried uninstalling the two entries of 'Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method battery' in Device Manager and no change. I'm currently trying a suggestion on YouTube to remove the battery for 3 days then reinsert it but
    frankly don't have much hope that it will make any difference. I upgraded to Win 10 several months ago and everything has worked OK with this problem appearing out of the blue a couple of days ago.

Please help!

PeterH12, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

no battery detected

1. no battery detected - Similar Threads - battery detected

2. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  3. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  4. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  5. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  6. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue: I have an ASUS GL702VM laptop. I have had several issues all the time. Not able to restart, when it restarts, there is a black screen problem. The battery is not detected, or showing 255%. I thought the battery was the problem, I bought a new one, replaced it, reinstall...
  7. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue: I have an ASUS GL702VM laptop. I have had several issues all the time. Not able to restart, when it restarts, there is a black screen problem. The battery is not detected, or showing 255%. I thought the battery was the problem, I bought a new one, replaced it, reinstall...
  8. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My Battery is not detected, and my computer instantly turns off when I take out the charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Battery is not detected, and my computer instantly turns off when I take out the charger.: The most probable thing to do in this case is to just replace the battery with a new one. Ever since I got this laptop, it doesn't run on the battery, it only runs on electricity/my charger, as soon as I take my charger out the laptop closes instantly. Another problem is my...
  10. My Battery is not detected, and my computer instantly turns off when I take out the charger.

My Battery is not detected, and my computer instantly turns off when I take out the charger.: The most probable thing to do in this case is to just replace the battery with a new one. Ever since I got this laptop, it doesn't run on the battery, it only runs on electricity/my charger, as soon as I take my charger out the laptop closes instantly. Another problem is my...