Windows 10: No BATTERY REPORT problem, again

Discus and support No BATTERY REPORT problem, again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this problem 5 years ago and here I am again with a new PC, new version of W10, and the same old problem. I cannot get a useful Report on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Mar 15, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

No BATTERY REPORT problem, again

I had this problem 5 years ago and here I am again with a new PC, new version of W10, and the same old problem. I cannot get a useful Report on my battery's performance from Windows (powercfg /batteryreport.) There is a (chocolate teapot) Report but with out any data. And again I cannot get Battery Care from Softpedia (.Download BatteryCare 0.9.36.0). I gave up on Norton and Malwarebytes partly because of the way they block desirable downloads, as PUPS, though I know they mean well. Now I find Windows Security blocking the Softpedia download in the same way, despite being told to allow it,

:)

clayto, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Battery report

Gabriela,

I have very precise records of when I swap over my batteries [because I run battery reports both before & after] and the moment of opening up the computer or changing the battery does not show up in my battery reports.
    - My Battery report section Usage history - History of system usage on AC and battery goes all the way back to when the computer maker finished setting the computer up [and then posted it to me]. Your corresponding records seem to show the same.
    - I know of no command to reset the parameters listed in a battery report.

The Start time entry you circled in red shows the time that the computer was turned on or awakened on battery power. There is no indication of anything dishonest being done. Windows re-starts that list whenever it feels like it. There is nothing significant in that entry at all. Just for example, my Battery report Start time entries are only showing for today but the computer was in use yesterday and earlier on battery.

Denis

3. Bree Win User

That appears to be normal for a newly installed Windows, it takes a long time before enough meaningful statistics have been gathered, several months at least. This is a battery report made a month after a clean install.....

No BATTERY REPORT problem, again [​IMG]

...and this is the same machine today, more than a year later.

No BATTERY REPORT problem, again [​IMG]

4. No BATTERY REPORT problem, again

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

No BATTERY REPORT problem, again pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. No BATTERY REPORT problem, again - Similar Threads - BATTERY REPORT problem

2. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  3. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  4. Battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  5. Battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  6. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  7. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  8. No BATTERY REPORT problem, again

in Windows 10 Support
    No BATTERY REPORT problem, again: I had this problem 5 years ago and here I am again with a new PC, new version of W10, and the same old problem. I cannot get a useful Report on my battery's performance from Windows (powercfg /batteryreport.) There is a (chocolate teapot) Report but with out any data. And...
  9. Battery report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report: I recently bought an asus laptopK571GT-p, I wanted to check it's battery so I ran Window's battery report, and here is my problem: Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install: Since OS install1604:15:26-1627:10:31 Is any thing wrong...
  10. Battery report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery report: Battery original report was from 05.07.2019. Battery report reset on 24.06.2020, time 12.38.48. Why? I have the actions that were done exactly at the date and time of the reset. [img] [img] [img] 159803