Windows 10: no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

Discus and support no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Toggle keys but sill i'm not getting beep sound when I press caps or num lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArutchelvanRGM, Dec 10, 2020.

1. no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

Toggle keys but sill i'm not getting beep sound when I press caps or num lock

:)

ArutchelvanRGM, Dec 10, 2020

2. How to turn off beeping sound on num lock

OT- Num Lock Beep Sound

Hi

Yesterday I was seeing my settings and there i found Toggle Key Option which enables the sound when Caps lock key or Num lock key is pressed, then i enabled it and checked after that i Disabled it again. Today when i pressed num lock key i found that beep
    sound is still on and the toggle key is disabled. Caps Lock key not making any sound only Num Lock key is making beep sound. I tried to enable it again and disable but then also it is making that beep sound and I found that number pad is also not working.

If there is any solution for this then please provide me in the comment section.

Thank You...

JeetTrivedi, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Morgan123 Win User
    Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

Hello,

Not sure if this is you issue.

How to Make Windows Play a Sound When You Press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock: How to Enable Toggle Keys in Windows 10: Settings - Ease of access - Keyboard - Toggle Keys (Turn on or off )

Morgan123, Dec 10, 2020
  4. MiSt77 Win User

no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock

Actually, I get asked this quite a lot

There is, however, a very good reason to prefer this (old) „Typewriter Caps lock“-behavior over the new default, and it's simply this: if „Press the SHIFT key“ (instead of „Press the CAPS LOCK key“) is selected, then the behavior of „Caps lock“ changes from being a „toggle key“ to being a key that can only be used to turn „Caps lock“ on – to turn „Caps lock“ off, one has to press (either) one of the Shift keys.

This can be advantageous for touch typists, who are used to writing long passages of text without looking at the keyboard, and especially so if they're (C/C++) programmers, who may still regularly find themselves typing in variable names of CONSTANTS_IN_UPPERCASE.

That's because, if Caps lock is not a toggle key, it's not necessary to keep track of its current „toggle state“ in your head:

• If I want „Caps lock“ to be on, I can press CAPS as often as I like. If it happened to be enabled already, nothing changes; otherwise, I can be sure it's enabled afterwards.

• If I want „Caps lock“ to be off, I can simply press SHIFT
    This sounds like a hypothetical advantage, but it's not. I work as a programmer, and I often find myself typing in code like the following:

/* Some debugging code; will only be included in debug builds: */
    #if defined _DEBUG

Afterwards, I may pause a little, to think about the code line I would like to type in next. Now, if „Caps lock“ is a toggle key, I may (once I decide to continue) be unsure if I actually remembered to turn „Caps lock“ off at the end of ‘_DEBUG’.

Did I? Did I not? – The only way to be sure, is to look.

This is not so, if the „Press the SHIFT key“ behavior is enabled. If unsure, I can just press SHIFT once, be sure of the set state, and merrily continue may way.

That, for me, is the single most important reason to prefer the „Press the SHIFT key“ setting. Also, interestingly, this used to be the default behavior in the old days … at least, until Microsoft decided to ditch Windows 9x in favor of Windows NT¹.

¹ Actually, my memory could be wrong in this regard and I'm not completely sure … maybe someone more knowledgeable in those matters can confirm that the „Caps lock“ default behavior was indeed changed during the switch from Windows 9x to Windows XP?

MiSt77, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

1. no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on - Similar Threads - beep sound press

2. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling: I can't turn off the on screen pop up indicator for the caps lock and othersI have tried searching myself but they're outdated and I can't find the setting parts they mentionit is a self built PC so any advice relating to Lenovo is uselessI particularly want this setting...
  3. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling: I can't turn off the on screen pop up indicator for the caps lock and othersI have tried searching myself but they're outdated and I can't find the setting parts they mentionit is a self built PC so any advice relating to Lenovo is uselessI particularly want this setting...
  4. turn off on screen indicators for caps, num and scroll lock toggling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I use Mouse Keys but can't disable beeping on num lock press.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use Mouse Keys but can't disable beeping on num lock press.: Hello,I've been using Mouse Keys for a couple of years now, it beats holding down mouse keys in games like Minecraft. The problem is, I haven't been able to find any help regarding the annoying beeping sound the key makes when turning Mouse Keys on/off, and I don't want to...
  6. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  7. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  8. An issue with num lock and caps lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with num lock and caps lock.: I think this is the right place to putt this, but whenever I press caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock, it shows the icon on the screen. I've had this computer (Acer Nitro 5) for a year, and it's always done it. When I play a game and a button is mapped to caps lock, it gets...
  9. Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...: On my Windows 10 Pro 1909, I have turned on the setting - 'Toggle Keys' - 'Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock' causes BOTH desktop background IMAGE and any APP windows to momentarily flash INVERSE video colors for one (1) second, then...
  10. Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.

Caps Lock ONLY Toggles On/Off By Pressing Shift Key While Pressing Caps Lock.: So for whatever reason, my caps lock can only be turned on and off while I'm pressing the shift (or ctrl) key along with the caps lock key. If someone could help me figure out how to make it so I can turn caps lock on and off just by pressing the caps lock key without needing...