Windows 10: No Biometric Devices in Device manager.

Discus and support No Biometric Devices in Device manager. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello, My hp pro book computer doesn't have biometric devices in device manager.Even when I select show hidden devices it does not appear.What should... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Yo Sengox, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Yo Sengox Win User

No Biometric Devices in Device manager.

hello,

My hp pro book computer doesn't have biometric devices in device manager.Even when I select show hidden devices it does not appear.What should I do?

No Biometric Devices in Device manager. 5b89743a-bcf5-49a0-abe5-627849259e17?upload=true.png

:)

Yo Sengox, Aug 29, 2020

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 29, 2020
  3. biometric devices

I have follow your 3 steps ,but still can't find Biometric Devices
    in device manage and control panel.

How can i know is there something wrong with the hardware?

Robert_107, Aug 29, 2020
  4. No Biometric Devices in Device manager.

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

No Biometric Devices in Device manager. What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

No Biometric Devices in Device manager.

1. No Biometric Devices in Device manager. - Similar Threads - Biometric Devices Device

2. Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade: I have a 3-week old ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603HEAfter upgrading to Windows 11 the fingerprint biometric stopped working, even after reinstalling the driver....
  3. Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade: I have a 3-week old ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603HEAfter upgrading to Windows 11 the fingerprint biometric stopped working, even after reinstalling the driver....
  4. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  5. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  6. Biometric missing or Uninstalled Biometric device using Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Biometric missing or Uninstalled Biometric device using Device Manager: [ATTACH]If the Biometric device driver is missing in your system’s Device Manager or you have uninstalled it accidentally, this post will help you restore it. You might have seen that Windows 10 provides users with some additional sign-in options, like Windows Hello...
  7. No biometric devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No biometric devices?: since the last update my fingerprint sensor is nowhere to be found help? submitted by /u/SPARKY358gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/laxskp/no_biometric_devices/
  8. Biometrics missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometrics missing in Device Manager: Would appreciate any support from anyone. Issue After updating Windows 10 to version 1903, windows hello (face) no longer worked. instead it would say "looking for you" and eventually display that it could not find me. I then located sign in options and clicked on "remove"...
  9. Can't find biometric devices in the device manager - Voyo V3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find biometric devices in the device manager - Voyo V3 Pro: Hey guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Voyo V3 Pro, but I've had no luck getting the finger print scanner to work. It doesn't show in the device manager at all (under biometrics). I heard this may be a windows Home thing, so I upgraded to Pro, but this hasn't...
  10. Biometric devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric devices: I have read all kinds of neat techie things about the new facial recognition and iris screening capabilities of Windows 10, but when I run a search on either illuminated IR iris sensor or Intel RealSense 3D all I get are articles discussing same whether in Bing or Google, yet...