Windows 10: No BIOS access... because of a monitor?

Discus and support No BIOS access... because of a monitor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently built a new pc and all is well (except for my dislike of Win 10). During the building and setting up, I used what I will call 'Monitor A'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sikorski5689, Jan 14, 2021.

1. No BIOS access... because of a monitor?

I recently built a new pc and all is well (except for my dislike of Win 10).
    During the building and setting up, I used what I will call 'Monitor A'.

A few days ago I decided to connect my older monitor (Monitor B) to
    see if I preferred it or not. I used the same HDMI cable for both monitors.
    The resolution is the same for both. The biggest difference is that Monitor B
    has a much lower refresh rate than Monitor A.

Now the tricky part. At first, I didn't really notice that the pc (with Monitor B)
    booted with a black screen before the desktop loaded. When I booted the pc
    usinng a (Macrium) bootable USB stick, all I get is the black screen. I don' get
    the boot menu with F8. There is no boot screen, no blinking cursor, no nada.
    I restarted the pc, tapped 'Del' to get into the Bios and all I got was the same black
    screen. I had to hit the reset button to get back into Windows.

So I disconnected Monitor B and reconnected Monitor A. It booted with the
    familiar Asus boot logo ... then into Windows. I had no issue getting into the
    Bios or boot options menu. I've switched monitors 3 or 4 times and this behaviour
    is consistent.

Why on earth would I have this weird behaviour with Monitor B? Why would
    the Bios care which monitor is connected?? Its a head scratcher.

TIA

:)

Sikorski5689, Jan 14, 2021

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jan 14, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 14, 2021
  4. No BIOS access... because of a monitor?

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

No BIOS access... because of a monitor?

1. No BIOS access... because of a monitor? - Similar Threads - BIOS access monitor

2. Cant access BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access BIOS: When i restart my computer to access the BIOS or access via terminal it appears a black screen saying "input not supported" its working but i cant see nothing i can only select things random...
  3. Unable to Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access BIOS: I have a Laptop Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro.The keyboard panel is disconnected due to hardware issue. And the windows 8.1 was corrupt and kept on showing "windows failed to start", So I decided to install new os.I took advanced startup option and took UEFI Firmware and booted into BIOS...
  4. HOW TO ACCESS BIO ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO ACCESS BIO ?: PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY,HOW TO ACCESS BIO FROM OR SAEF MODE OR IN DURING BOOTING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-bio/3adcbf98-7749-4505-a9b0-e11a9200f885
  5. HOW TO ACCESS BIO ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO ACCESS BIO ?: PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY,HOW TO ACCESS BIO FROM OR SAEF MODE OR IN DURING BOOTING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-bio/3adcbf98-7749-4505-a9b0-e11a9200f885
  6. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  7. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  8. BIOS Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    BIOS Dual Monitor: I am currently running a setup with dual monitors. The monitors work great in windows 10, but when I need to go into BIOS, the monitors go black and say No Signal however when I unplug one, the bios will be displayed on the other monitor. Is there any way to solve this to...
  9. can’t access bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can’t access bios: hello all in windows10 community, So i cannot access my bios, as when I hold shift and press restart, I do get to the blue screen where I can restart my system again to get to change the firmware settings. But when I do that, my keyboard and mouse turn back on, but my...
  10. no bios access

in Windows 10 Support
    no bios access: I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either. [img] [img] 91601