Windows 10: no bios access

Discus and support no bios access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017.

1. aliashraf Win User

no bios access

I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either.

no bios access [​IMG]

no bios access [​IMG]

:)

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017

2. windows 10 no access to bios screen

MOBO: GA-Z270-HD3

CPU: i7

RAM 16G

owenjones1, Aug 16, 2017
  3. windows 10 no access to bios screen

I followed the instructions to access the bios screen to no avail.

SETTINGS>UPDATE & SECURITY>RECOVERY>ADVANCED STARTUP:RESTART NOW

TROUBLESHOOT>ADVANCED OPTIONS>STARTUP SETTINGS:RESTART

Windows shuts down; black screen for quite a while, nothing happens until I press the enter key; windows starts up normally and displays the scenery screen;

I press enter and the logon screen appears; I enter my password and windows 10 starts-up normally; however, still no access to the bios screen.

How do we fix this?

owenjones1, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

no bios access

Your "My Computer" has no information about the computer. The BIOS is generally reached BEFORE Windows loads, check the user manual for yours. The usual method of entering the BIOS Setup is pressing the F2, Del, Esc keys or maybe F10 or F12 to get a boot menu. Used to be one would start pressing the designated key when the computer beeped or when the maker's logo first appeared on the screen or text appeared showing what to do. Some newer computers such as my ASUS include their software program to adjust the BIOS settings after Windows is running.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  5. aliashraf Win User
    i didn't get a user manual

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
  6. aliashraf Win User
    thank you though ill keep trying

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
  7. Also try F1, F4 and F8 keys

Since it is an old AMIBios, I think it will use the F1 key

slicendice, Aug 16, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

no bios access

welcome to TenForums @aliashraf

I find on my system that the flash screen on startup where you get the 'F2 for bios setup' option is only available on a cold start. With fast startup enabled in Windows 10 this screen is bypassed.

One way to perform a cold start and get a chance to enter the bios is to select 'Restart' on the Start menu's Power button. Either that or turn off fast startup.

9. aliashraf Win User
    thanks for all the suggestions guys ill let you know of the outcome

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    When all else fails, a good trick that works on many pcs is to remove the cmos battery for say 30 minutes (can be less). The date/time gets lost and when you start pc, it jumps straight to bios. On some pcs, you can change jumper settings on the bios module as well.

I notice now some new pcs have a permanent rechargeable cmos battery, which make first trick almost impossible though ( I guess you could short the battery but that is very risky!).

cereberus, Aug 16, 2017
  11. aliashraf Win User
    unfortunately this did nothing in my case. thank you though.

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
  13. aliashraf Win User

no bios access

ive added what i could i hope it helps.

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
  14. ...SO have you gotten to BIOS yet?

Try hammering DEL-key, F1-key and F2-key. Try each key separately 3-5 times in a row after you selected reboot in Windows.

slicendice, Aug 16, 2017
  15. aliashraf Win User
    Nope none of the keys worked
    fast start is also disabled

aliashraf, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

no bios access

1. no bios access - Similar Threads - bios access

2. I can't access my BIOS to enable TPM 2.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my BIOS to enable TPM 2.0.: I am trying to play league of legends on my PC I keep getting a vangaurd 1067 error for TPM 2.0I run windows 11 i Just cant enter BIOS when i press F12, DEL, to enter it stay on a black screen and does nothing. If i let it boot up it just sends me to windows start up screen....
  3. I can't access my BIOS to enable TPM 2.0.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my BIOS to enable TPM 2.0.: I am trying to play league of legends on my PC I keep getting a vangaurd 1067 error for TPM 2.0I run windows 11 i Just cant enter BIOS when i press F12, DEL, to enter it stay on a black screen and does nothing. If i let it boot up it just sends me to windows start up screen....
  4. I think hacker has my laptop's bios access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think hacker has my laptop's bios access.: I have Acer Predator Helio neo 16 new gaming laptop. I brought it last year and i Played valolant. My aim was bad. I heard some hack that can help to boost aim at YouTube. Then I installed some hack software in my windows. 2 days later my Facebook Id was hacked by hacker. I...
  5. I think hacker has my laptop's bios access.

I think hacker has my laptop's bios access.: I have Acer Predator Helio neo 16 new gaming laptop. I brought it last year and i Played valolant. My aim was bad. I heard some hack that can help to boost aim at YouTube. Then I installed some hack software in my windows. 2 days later my Facebook Id was hacked by hacker. I...
  6. Predator G3620, stuck in Acer logo, and I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Predator G3620, stuck in Acer logo, and I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows Boot Manager: My Acer Predator G3620 from 2013 upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 suddenly, from early April, will start no more. As soon as the Acer logo shows on the screen, the PC stalls – and not even one single beep signal can be heard. Now I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows...
  7. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  8. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  9. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Predator G3620, stuck in Acer logo, and I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Predator G3620, stuck in Acer logo, and I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows Boot Manager: My Acer Predator G3620 from 2013 upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 suddenly, from early April, will start no more. As soon as the Acer logo shows on the screen, the PC stalls – and not even one single beep signal can be heard. Now I can neither access BIOS nor the Windows...