Windows 10: No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

Discus and support No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Browniebear192, Sep 24, 2022.

1. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I restarted enough times.Last week I decided to try do something about this and this is when it went from bad to worse. I tried to upgrade a few items due to flickering I was getting and the fact I had no BIOS. I spoke with ASUS who advised to try a few things and if not it was a faulty motherboard.So I changed the mothe

:)

Browniebear192, Sep 24, 2022
  2. clk1946 Win User

Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset [​IMG]

No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset [​IMG]
    Thanks for the reply. I've attached 2 Jpegs depicting the boot options section of the Bios setup utility (I hope they are readable). What bothers me is that there are 3 Windows Boot Manager entries in the selection list and only one of them (the highlighted one in the list) actually boots into Windows. The other two (entries 1 & 4 in the list) just hang the PC after exiting Bios setup. If you look at the 'Delete Boot Option' page, there are 3 'Windows Boot Manager' entries. When I try to override the boot options by choosing the SSD (VK0480GEMQR), the PC hangs after Bios setup exit.

clk1946, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Alexodd Win User
    Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead

Hi,

Due to some string of events, my computer has quick boot enabled in BIOS. I need to load UEFI to change some things, and am unable to because this setting is enabled. I assumed there was a way to reboot into UEFI from inside Windows 10, so I looked up how
    and found the answer: There is an option in the "Advanced startup" menus to do this. Unfortunately, this option seems to be hidden if Windows 10 erroneously detects that you are using legacy BIOS instead of UEFI. This appears to be the case in my current install
    (in MSINFO the BIOS Mode is set to Legacy).

My questions are:

• How do I change BIOS Mode to UEFI in my current install?
    • How do I make sure this remains the case in future OS resets/reformats?
    • Similarly, when building other computers in the future, how do I make sure Windows 10 does not make this same error?

My questions are not:

• How do I access my BIOS despite Windows 10 misidentifying my BIOS Mode?

Thank you for your time,

Alex

Alexodd, Sep 24, 2022
  4. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

1. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset - Similar Threads - Bios UEFI reset

2. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  3. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  4. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  5. Outdated BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outdated BIOS to UEFI: Hi guys. So recently i was trying to figure out if how to boot into UEFI, but sadly there was no option for me to do that in the boot menu. Later on i googled some stuff and it told me to check system configuration to see if it says 'Legacy' which is Bios that you can convert...
  6. UEFI instead of BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI instead of BIOS: Hi guys. So recently i've been checking out my system components and my BIOS seems to be outdated. First of all i want to install UEFI instead of BIOS, and secondly, it says 'Outdated' next to the 'BIOS', which i believe is a bad thing? Even tho google tells me that i don't...
  7. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  8. Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings: Supermicro MB (C7Q67), 8GB Ram, I7 2600 CPU, 1 SSD, 2 2TB HDDs, Windows 2004. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do about the BIOS settings regarding the boot option entries listed in my 3 boot options lists under the Boot tab. All three boot options contain a list of...
  9. UEFI /BIOS Masterpassword reset recommendations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI /BIOS Masterpassword reset recommendations: Hi, So I forgot my masterpassword to UEFI and i need to do a factory reset since my Laptop is ****ed but I have no clue which tutorial from Google is good or even will work for me so I need advice or better someone who can guide me through the whole process. I have another...
  10. BIOS / UEFI setup

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS / UEFI setup: Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy. So I...