Windows 10: No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

Discus and support No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Home version and there is no BitLocker or even Device Encryption in the Settings. I want to know if I can download Bitlocker or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hitesh Karna, Oct 20, 2020.

1. No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

I'm using Home version and there is no BitLocker or even Device Encryption in the Settings. I want to know if I can download Bitlocker or any alternative of this app, I want to encrypt my Drives

:)

Hitesh Karna, Oct 20, 2020

2. Device Encryption vs Bitlocker

Hi David,

Since you would like to know more about Bitlocker and device encryption, we suggest that you check and review our advance support site about the overview of Bitlocker and device encryption on this

link

The overview provide details between the two programs that might help you to decide.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Oct 20, 2020
  4. No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

1. No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do? - Similar Threads - BitLocker device encryption

2. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  3. What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?: I have a Windows 11 Home install with Device Encryption turned on. I am trying to access my locked partition outside of Windows. What is the passphrase to unlocking it? Is it my Microsoft account password? My Bitlocker recovery key? Windows hello pin? There are a few more...
  4. What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?: I have a Windows 11 Home install with Device Encryption turned on. I am trying to access my locked partition outside of Windows. What is the passphrase to unlocking it? Is it my Microsoft account password? My Bitlocker recovery key? Windows hello pin? There are a few more...
  5. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  6. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Split from this thread. Hi, I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot the issue. After restarting the system, I couldn't find the encryption setting. I have the admin rights. But, how do I...
  7. Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption

Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption: We have just upgraded to SCCM 2006 and are testing the Bitlocker policies. We have successfully got fixed device encryption working but we are having real problems with Removable device encryption. With RD Encryption enabled, whenever I plug a USB device in it asks if I want...
  8. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for the Bitlocker key...
  9. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...
  10. What does BitLocker encrypt?

What does BitLocker encrypt?: Does BitLocker just encrypt your hard-drive, or does it also encrypt network traffic like your inbound and outbound emails? 94507