Windows 10: No bluetooth after system restore

Discus and support No bluetooth after system restore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tranbol, May 7, 2020.

1. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error.
    sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work.
    Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter list, if I remember correctly.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tranbol, May 7, 2020
  2. Tranbol Win User

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 23, 2020
  3. Tranbol Win User

I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error.
    sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work.
    Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter list, if I remember correctly.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Tranbol, May 23, 2020
  4. No bluetooth after system restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. No bluetooth after system restore - Similar Threads - bluetooth system restore

2. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  3. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  5. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore: Running Windows 10, just did a full system restore and everything seems AWESOME...however - cannot connect anything Bluetooth to my pc - i.e. headsets or speakers.Troubleshooting done so far:- Bluetooth troubleshooter - no issues- removed drivers, updated drivers in device...
  6. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore: Running Windows 10, just did a full system restore and everything seems AWESOME...however - cannot connect anything Bluetooth to my pc - i.e. headsets or speakers.Troubleshooting done so far:- Bluetooth troubleshooter - no issues- removed drivers, updated drivers in device...
  7. Bluetooth not detecting devices after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Applications are not opening after system restore...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications are not opening after system restore...: Hi there,Applications are not opening after system restore it is just loading loading and keep one Like Notion when I opened the it is loading.....
  9. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  10. Sound issues after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after system restore: Hi, First some computer details: Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) CPU: i7-6700K RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: 1070 I am suffering from having no sound after a system restore. Right after the system restore I had a red cross on the sound icon...